Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

Well time has come now to let go of my beloved 147 JTD (8VALVE) Lusso for a 156 Sportwagon 1.9Mjet Veloce. I have traded my 147 in for the sportwagon which we pick up tomorrow, and boy I am going to miss the 147. We have been all over Europe especially Germany, and in the 5+ years of owning it and using it everyday it, I can honestly say that it has never ever let me down, and it can do 124MPH on an autobhan according to the TOM TOM! It never used any engine oil, and it always looked drop dead gorgeous. It has done approx 151200 miles, and I bought it with just under 50000 miles in Oct 2006 and I can honestly say that it has been the best car I have owned (and our trusty 206HDI Dturbo - which we have had since it was brand new!)!

I will miss it loads!!

I just hope the 156 Sportwagon can match the 147 in everything!!

Best of Luck my sweet 147 JTD Lusso!!!!!:cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is hard moving on from a car that has been one of the family. Alfa also are one of those cars that tap into your emotional side from how they make you feel, there soul. what do you think to your 156 jtd, is it the 16v?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 156 has been great, and yes it is the mjet 16valve model. I am currently in France with it, and it has behaved perfectly on it's 3 European outings. I do wonder who has my previous 147.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The 156 has been great, and yes it is the mjet 16valve model. I am currently in France with it, and it has behaved perfectly on it's 3 European outings. I do wonder who has my previous 147.
You sound as bad as me, ignorance is bliss, If it were driven past it would be like seeing somebody with your ex. :lol:

Must admit love my mjet 16v and with a tuning box has plenty of oomph although was was adequate when stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts