Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow alfa enthusiasts :)

not everytime, but a few times ive heard a slight clicking noise when the key is in mar position, now i have had a few problems with the battery lately. It was stood for 4 days in a row, and after that its had a problems with the battery, ive had it on a trickle charger a couple of times, only for 6-7 hours, now the last charge it had was around 5 days ago, and since then it hasnt been to bad, considering it started in -10'c :), basically does anybody think this clicking/tapping noise has something to do with the battery ?

thanks
chris.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also forgot to mention it also tends to do it when idling, could this be what youve said above?
and again i forgot to say its the 2.4 10v 140 engine if that makes much difference

G

·
0 Posts
Pre-heat glowplug timing will still be on even when you have fired up, its normal, so is the heater vents calibrating for a short while as well as the throttle position sensor... All of them tick along on their own accord now and then.

I would be more concerned about the state of you battery and alternator. Go and get a check on both, Its a FREE check to do at many tyre and exhaust centre's and then you will know one way or another what is at fault.

Because your battery is in a constant state of having to charge/ discharge, your throttle, your ECU and relevant settings are constantly in a state of reference reset. Once or twice in a short period wont do any harm, but it will eventually end up loosing a lot of learned paremeters that are good too, Then if you have something as simple as a temperature sensor say being a bit tempremental but the ECU has learned a value that it can run at within parameters, that value will be lost and the car will eventually refuse to start for a silly reason that could be avoided.

Not worth the grief for the sake of a free check really, is it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts