Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 147 has just failed its MOT on the rear centre seat belt - and that's it!! The clasp part appears to be broken and the belt buckle will not go into it. I rarely have anyone in the back, so have no idea if it has ever worked! I changed the seats from cloth to leather a few years ago - it used to be fitted with a lap belt, but now has a full middle belt that goes over the seat back. Are the clasps identical regardless of what middle belt is fitted?

Have tried WD40 on it to see if it would make any difference, bit looks like I will have to get a replacement clasp. Just need to know I will be getting the right one!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Best to buy another clasp and fit it. They should be the same.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked on ePer and it looks as though the centre clasp has a different part number, dependant on whether a lapbelt or a full centre belt is fitted. The part number printed on mine is 10448490 (which is not quoted on ePer), but this was the original part from when I had a lapbelt. Does anyone know the part number printed on the clasp if you have a full centre belt fitted?

·
Vendor
46,822 Posts
You can always remove the centre rear seatbelt and clasp entirely to get your pass, it is not compulsory to have a centre rear seatbelt it just needs to work if fitted.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You can always remove the centre rear seatbelt and clasp entirely to get your pass, it is not compulsory to have a centre rear seatbelt it just needs to work if fitted.
You would then also need to inform your insurance that the car is now a four seater

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been told that if it was tested with 5 seats/seatbelts and any fail, you can not just remove them for a retest.

Anyone got a 147 (or GT) with 3rd rear seat belt (not lapbelt), could tell me the part number printed on the clasp part????

·
Vendor
46,822 Posts
Been told that if it was tested with 5 seats/seatbelts and any fail, you can not just remove them for a retest.
Not quite sure that's correct, cars are always tested (and re-tested) as presented. If it failed on front inner arch rust for example and you re-tested it with an arch liner fitted they would be forced to pass it and issue an advisory for the arch liner preventing inspection.

If you are unsure you can always call Vosa who will confirm it one way or the other.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I will go down the simple route and replace. Can anyone tell me the part number printed on the clasp/buckle to which the centre belt can be clicked into - it needs to be a car with a full seatbelt, not a lapbelt. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Think I will go down the simple route and replace. Can anyone tell me the part number printed on the clasp/buckle to which the centre belt can be clicked into - it needs to be a car with a full seatbelt, not a lapbelt. Thanks
Here you go - from a 2007 147 Q2 sport with full belt:

Top row - 1008766 J93
Bottom row - C (I think - looks a bit odd though, might be a square bracket) 481 180607

Thought all three connectors would be the same part no. but they're not!

Just in case I've given you the wrong half of the connector (above is what I'd best describe as female below is male) Part no on the actual seatbelt buckle is the same on nearside and centre (G5551) but the offside is different.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I mighthave a belt and clasp in the garage if you want it? Postage cost?
Many thanks for the offer. If it is a centre belt and clasp, how much would you want for it? Let me know ans sure we can sort something out

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Sorry boss, turned out to be a lap belt and clasp. Have the other rears somewhere, might be the same as the one youre after? I'll look at the part numbers...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The blade is wider on the lap belt than the three point.i'll hve a look round and see if i have the others.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The centre belt definately clips into the side clasps, so if you have a side clasp about that would be great. Would be grateful if you could let me know asap, as I only have a few days to get car back in or else I have to pay for a complete new MOT!! Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just thinking, not sure if clasps are left/right handed or if there is no difference between them?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts