Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This really does begger belief this car of mine. In the past month, the following has failed:

Upper suspension arms
Front door speaker blown
Air bag light illuminated
Lambda sensor

and now, I think I have ANOTHER failed anti-roll bar! This time last year I had to get the anti-roll bar replaced (purchased from Shop4Parts as a genuine item) as the roll bar "stops" had disentigrated, and the bar was sliding to the left and right. Guess what, I think it's doing it again, and the car has done minimal miles as well. The reason I suspect this is because I have recently replaced the drop links, and the knocking noise is still there (in the footwells) when pulling away from a standstill, it really is quite embarrasing really.

Surely this isn't acceptable for a roll bar that is around one year old?

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
Bring it in for a saturday surgery if you like and we'll have a poke around for you and give you an honest opinion :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi top man,

Is the roll bar the same thing as the sway bar??

I had both top control arms, both lower arms, drop links and sway bar replaced 2 months ago due to knocking and wondering. Since then I've had to replace the drop links again, and now the left ball joint is knackered which means new control arm!!! I'm also getting a hell of alot of squeaky noises comin from both left and right footwells (bushes on sway bar??)

I now get a knock everytime I accelerate and brake hard. As if something is dislodging itself under heavy loads.

I'm starting to get extremely frustrated!

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
Pud, what is the charge for an inspection then
Free, we do 5 cars per Saturday, each get an hour, although not this Saturday as our techs will be at the Alfaowner track day keeping you all on the track :thumbs:

Saturday surgery

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Pud. I'll defo be calling to book mine in. It's due for MOT this week & I think the ARB rubbers have gone so that will have to be done. I `also have a small oil leak ( rocker I think ) but I would also like to know what else requires doing. Also need advice about performance enhancements. Thanks again.:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts