Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old story, faded Alfa badge. :rolleyes:
Where can i get a replacement for the front that doesnt cost a mortgage to buy.
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Yes it is a bit..
I drilled a hole in the middle of the badge and then used a small screwdriver to lever it off, its only stuck on with double sided foam tape so not very tight. Then cleaned the remaining tape off with thinners and stuck the new badge on. it even has the same locating pin on the back so it goes on straight.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is a bit..
I drilled a hole in the middle of the badge and then used a small screwdriver to lever it off, its only stuck on with double sided foam tape so not very tight. Then cleaned the remaining tape off with thinners and stuck the new badge on. it even has the same locating pin on the back so it goes on straight.
Thanks Jon.
Will have a look at that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rear Badge

Hi,

I've just bought one of these for the front, but I too was wondering about the rear. Mine's got the 'push-button' rear badge, which I can see may mean that replacing solely the badge isn't possible - has anyone tried this?

Kind Regards,

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Just bumping this thread to say I bought one of the cheapie badges discussed earlier. Delivery from Italy to Australia was fast and it sat on the shelf for a while. This morning I went down to the garage and the whole job took five minutes. The old front badge had a stone chip which was looking quite blemished so it is a great improvement.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Why did you take it off? Do you prefer the stock 159 look or are you selling up and moving on?

Personally I think the Brera badge looks cool on the 159.

To me, the badge didnt stand out enough. Changed back to the full silver bling now!

Not selling up.... stil love my 159... and its suspension noises hehe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts