Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how others deal with the black faded plastic parts? My 159 has plastic by the windows and it is a light gray rather than black. I saw on youtube you can use a heat gun to restore it. I did it on a small area out of sight and it looks to just burn the plastic so I do not really want to do that on visible areas.

Any other long term methods? I know you can buy sprays, I tried one that lasted about a week or 2 then it was back to faded

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, the ones that last only a couple of weeks are, well, annoying. Gtechniq C4 is long lasting but expensive upfront. I recently got some CarPlan Black Trim Wax - moderate price and lasts months rather than weeks. I'm happy with the application, and its non-glossy finish. It looks quite natural and for now I'm sticking with it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I agree, the ones that last only a couple of weeks are, well, annoying. Gtechniq C4 is long lasting but expensive upfront. I recently got some CarPlan Black Trim Wax - moderate price and lasts months rather than weeks. I'm happy with the application, and its non-glossy finish. It looks quite natural and for now I'm sticking with it.
It is expensive but I think I could do the whole car twice with that little bottle.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

·
Registered
35,130 Posts
This stuff works for me Swissvax Protecton 250ml | Trim Detailer | 1042010
As the plastic gets older though, you can get to see injection flow marks as most polypropylene material has talc in it as a filler which can be seen as streaks as the plasticisers dry out. The black products dye this pretty well but I've heard peanut butter is effective too!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'm a great fan of Aerospace 303. I've been using it for years and highly recommend it.

Reactions: cgc

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Boiled linseed oil. £4 from B&Q.
Peanut butter (not the extra crunchy though).

Reactions: duemila
1 - 13 of 13 Posts