Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is for a sport wagon.
On the 7 pin connector of the tow bar I’m only getting voltage from the indicators, all the other terminals are dead, so I’ve no tail lights or brake lights.

I may have fused part of it when I wired up a new socket onto the bike rack- I lost the original on a motorway when I forgot to plug it in.

Without removing the bumper, I can’t see where the loom goes to, nor can I see any fuse in the owners manual relating to factory fitted Brink tow bar. There doesn’t appear to be any spare fuses under the dash or engine bay, apart from F24 which is in the engine bay box, but not in the manual, that’s intact anyway.

I only seem to have a couple of connectors in the boot trap door.
Anyone have any idea where a fuse might be?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case this pops up in any searches, I found the relay for the towbar. I managed to contort my hands and trace the cable which went in through the air vent which is below the trap door fuseboard on the right inside a sport wagon boot. Took the trim off and found the relay.

The relay was showing good voltage from each exit terminal, so there appears to be a break in the brake cable-bizarre as it’s all well shielded.

Temp fix is using the blue fog light cable as the bike rack doesn’t have a fog light anyway.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts