Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone out there got any factory hardtop security catches for the 916 Spider lying about? They fit on each side to the rear of the 'B' posts and are the clip down type secured by three screws on the hardtop. I have located a source in Belgium that has them but the cost would solve Greece's problems right now.

Thanks,

Tom (Pink Penguin)

·
Registered
286 Posts
the good news is i have the catches , the bad news is i have a hard top as well so not for sale , but i have never used the catches as i have no idea what they clip on to , i used the hard top last year and never had a problem with it coming loose. Does squeek a little bit though , do i need some brackets made that fit to the car , do you have to remove the little flappy bits either side of the car to use them , no idea , anyone got one please take a pic for me lol.
good luck with the search anyhow :thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spider Hartop Catches.

Hi Freddie,

The catches lock onto a little upright, right-angled bracket in the hood bay. If you have the Alfa workshop manual CD, it shows it all in there and how to fit them. I have had mine on without them and it was OK but I prefer things to be as they were designed if possible. Two catches and brackets are £100 plus postage form the guy in Belgium. A new rear window for it is not a lot more. If you decide to sell them, let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
286 Posts
hi tom
thanks for the info , i dont have the brackets that fit onto the car , only the catches that fit to the roof , if i cant get some made up , i might buy a set , whats the company in belguim that sells them .
thanks very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Freddie,

Apparently my inbox was full. Only 5 messages? Want to try again as I believe you tries to respond.

Tom

·
Registered
286 Posts
i treid to reply via pm , but your box was full , i just wanted to say thanks for the info , i have emailed them about the catches , so just waiting for a reply , thanks again will let you know how i get on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts