Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided I am going to buy a MiTO, and I am very interested in the built-in Sat Nav that is an option. The dealership didn't have any I could look at, though. Can anybody tell me how they are? What kind of software do they run, are they modern and easy to use? Touchscreen? I can't find any specs or anything, can anybody enlighten me?

·
Administrator
46,867 Posts
I don't know the specifics of this one, but my general advice would be - never buy a built in satnav.
They cost vastly more than an aftermarket unit, are usually not as good, and then very quickly become outdated.
Just go and look at some few-year-old second hand cars with built in satnav and see how clunky and old-fashioned they are - that's what your brand new one will be like once you've owned the car for a couple of years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know the specifics of this one, but my general advice would be - never buy a built in satnav.
They cost vastly more than an aftermarket unit, are usually not as good, and then very quickly become outdated.
Just go and look at some few-year-old second hand cars with built in satnav and see how clunky and old-fashioned they are - that's what your brand new one will be like once you've owned the car for a couple of years.
Noted. Is it a better interface for radio/music, though?

N

·
0 Posts
I think the removable TomTom integrated directly into the B&M would be the way to go.
Looks like it's only for Fiats at the moment though.

There is also the B&M-Nav which only gives you turn-by-turn
navigation via voice input postcodes and it's without a map
display. Only a bit more expensive than B&M. I didn't bother
on the 159 as I have a TomTom unit and also Wayfinder on my phone.

As Bazza says the big all-in-one Nav units from Alfa are
pretty low performing really.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Blue & Me Tom Tom is essentially the new tom Tom Go. But it is available with an in-dash cradle and lets you view all car statistics, answer calls and view eco:drive data.

I have just ordered my new mito as well and have specified the preparation in the build. It's only £70.00 incl VAT and even if you dont buy the unit now, i think its worth having the pre-disposition in the dash.

And yes, its touchscreen;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts