Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jason Neves 073 530 2844, give him a call. He's the only person I trust with my cars. I'm not sure what his shop is called though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you

The two that I am aware of:
Kondelys Motors in Paarden Eiland: KondylisMotors.co.za
Kemp Bros Panel Beaters: Kemp Bros | Auto body repairers. Trusted in Cape Town since 1931

Both are premium outlets and their work is impeccable. Both OEM approved.
Thansks so much for your suggestion.
They all look very reliable.

So now, I have a few candidates:

1) Alfa Body Works
2) Kemp Bros
3) Kondylis

Which one would you recommend if you were in my shoes?
I am not too sure which place is the best for Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Alf Bodyworks is by far the best. I had forgotten about them. I would take my car there. Check their website, and thy are die-hard alfisti as well.

One of my cars were done by Kondylis and it was done very well, in fact I am taking my mother's Fiat 500 there to have some minor repairs done on Monday.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Alfa Body works all the way, I had two oopsies and they did the first one, went to another beater for my second one and was so disappointed, you really can't compare. Not only are they approved Alfa repairers, they also love the cars themselves...

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Alfa Body works - die-hard Alfisti!

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
So does that mean a lot of the panel beaters are not approved, although they claimed to be?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
So does that mean a lot of the panel beaters are not approved, although they claimed to be?
No, it just means that they aren't on the panel of the insurance company. I know the Alfabody works is very picky with who they take on as insurance companies.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
All those mentioned have approval from Fiat/ARSA I writing hanging from their walls in the entrance lobby.

These days aren't like before where your damage quote was R20k and when you tell the panel beater you would like to do it privately they suddenly come down to R12k. Today, the panel beater has a service level agreement with the insurance company as in "You will charge R1250 for bumper respray, R2000 for any body panel and R650 labour rate per hour..."

So the private guys actually get a raw deal because the panel beater now overcharges you.

Places like Alfa Bodyworks; Kondylis and Kemp Bros charge more than most insurers wish to pay, and will not negotiate (To afford the top spray painters and body panel fitters costs more money than the insurance would like to pay, as well as using the best materials) so they aren't very popular with insurance companies. But go to them and see how many exotics are standing their being repaired. Viglietti exclusively uses Alfa Bodyworks, Gary Green exclusively used Kemp Bros and Merc/Audi/Jaguar and Land Rover exclusively use Kondylis. Even for aliminium repairs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Johan, if they are not approved by us (the OEM) they may not perform work on vehicles which are under warranty or maintenance. The reason for this is simply that we enforce OEM standards onto our approved shops. They MUST display a 2016 certificate to demonstrate they are approved. Regards T.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then,

All those mentioned have approval from Fiat/ARSA I writing hanging from their walls in the entrance lobby.

These days aren't like before where your damage quote was R20k and when you tell the panel beater you would like to do it privately they suddenly come down to R12k. Today, the panel beater has a service level agreement with the insurance company as in "You will charge R1250 for bumper respray, R2000 for any body panel and R650 labour rate per hour..."

So the private guys actually get a raw deal because the panel beater now overcharges you.

Places like Alfa Bodyworks; Kondylis and Kemp Bros charge more than most insurers wish to pay, and will not negotiate (To afford the top spray painters and body panel fitters costs more money than the insurance would like to pay, as well as using the best materials) so they aren't very popular with insurance companies. But go to them and see how many exotics are standing their being repaired. Viglietti exclusively uses Alfa Bodyworks, Gary Green exclusively used Kemp Bros and Merc/Audi/Jaguar and Land Rover exclusively use Kondylis. Even for aliminium repairs.

So, taking my Alfa to Alfa Body Works will not void my Alfa's warranty, right??
Or should I call them and find out??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Johan, if they are not approved by us (the OEM) they may not perform work on vehicles which are under warranty or maintenance. The reason for this is simply that we enforce OEM standards onto our approved shops. They MUST display a 2016 certificate to demonstrate they are approved. Regards T.

My Alfa is still under warrany and I am planning to take it to the Alfa Body Works. If the Alfa Body Works does have 2016 certificate as you mentioned, will it affect my Alfa's warranty?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts