Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the next G is at least 2 years away and the current car had a better than expected 2015, this seems another odd decision from Alfa, in a sea of recent odd decisions. Still speculation but am I to read this as the QV dying and the 1750 TBi with it? Or is just being rebranded as Veloce, which is a bit lame.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta: A marzo il restyling, nel 2017 la nuova generazione

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Sounds like a rebrand of QV to Veloce until 2017 when the new Giulietta comes out which will have performance more in keeping with the Giulia QV. Still front end restyle & the new badges....proper ones!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
If only there was a translate into English button...

The QV being ditched has been mentioned before as Alfa want to reserve that for more prestigious models. But calling it a Veloce is I agree, lame. This is because in 2010 you could get a Veloce with a 1.6 JDTm engine so it cheapens it. It would have been better to call it a TI.

Even better would for Alfa to round off the Tipo 940 with a GTA version. But I doubt they would do that...

·
Registered
36,106 Posts
They also mention the new Giulietta for 2017 ,which does not exist yet and would have to by now. Pinch of salt time again,but the saving of the QV name sounds possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts