Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted on ebay local to me is a facelift gtv but something seems odd,any ideas item 220411255925.Being a facelift variant the bonett bumper and front end parts are worth hundreds in parts alone as they are quite rare to obtain secondhand.

J

·
0 Posts
it must of been crashed at the front end....The facelift was latter on wasnt it??in the add it says the last owner changed it...i think this has been discussed on this forum before ie whether its worth doing and the conclusion was that it wasnt due to costs and resale....i cant see anyone going through all that just for a new front. Which means it must be a Cat C...i doubt it would be a Cat D as the front would be an expensive job...I could be wrong though,he might of just changed it!

Have you seen the horrid GTV badge on the light strip! ew!

J

·
0 Posts
CAN i spot overspray on the Side SIlls??? where the Black rubber stops it looks like there is Silver overspray onto it!!! Check it out! On the picture showing the interior from the passengers side,towards the hinge side of the door...

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Take a look at how the rear nearside wheel sits on the ground. Serious serious positive camber/toe-in. Either seriously out toe-wise or yes this car has been bumped with damage to the subframe.

Apart from that, it looks revolting anyway, as I simply do not like the P3 nose, and to put this onto a P2 car is such a dreadful shame:rolleyes: And that's before we get to the ghastly stick-ons, where on earth do people go to dream up this crap??

J

·
0 Posts
Does the passenger air bag also look a bit newer than the dash?
a different texture is used on the airbag cover, it gives the impression of a different colour....

the last pic, the top of the OS strut top is rusty and he is using a P1 inner wing cover, it has the cutout for the PAS bottle, P2 and P3's have them on the engine.....

this has been in a smack, i wouldn't bother with it, and the stickers make it look as tacky and chavvy as they come, a GTV doesn't need that sort of tat on it IMHO....

I am tempted to drop the fella a question asking when it was damaged :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
i think the Cut out was always there even though the pas bottle was mooved for the P2 and P3...there was a similar thread to this one and i mentioned the Pas cut out and some people put me in my place!!

J

·
0 Posts
i think the Cut out was always there even though the pas bottle was mooved for the P2 and P3...there was a similar thread to this one and i mentioned the Pas cut out and some people put me in my place!!
on the P2 and P3 the moulding is there but a bottom is put into it, on this it looks hollow

S

·
0 Posts
I know my own GTV is hardly concours, but I don't like the red below bumper air intakes. Trying to be BRM?

And the "G T V" badge looks like one of those generic "16V" "TURBO!" halfrauds badges they put on Corsas.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
I am tempted to drop the fella a question asking when it was damaged
Good idea, let's all drop him the question:lol:

Seriously, would you all be happy to be in a plane with this character at the controls??:lol: :cheese:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
a different texture is used on the airbag cover, it gives the impression of a different colour....
Yeah i knwo what you mean, but i just thought it looked fresher too, also if you look at the steering wheel pic (you can just see the top in the speedo picture) that looks different too.

I am tempted to drop the fella a question asking when it was damaged :lol:
yeah i might do the same! ;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
No No No, I agree somewhere theres a nasty story about this one, his version doesnt add up IMHO:tut: Leave well alone or buy mine:lol: :lol: . Only joking it looks like its going to a trader anyway for a good price:cool:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Basically this car is a pig - avoid!

Exhibit 1a - Ripspeed Seatbelt pads (enthusiast owned!!)
1b - stickers on rear light cluster
1c - red grill at front
1d electrical aerial jammed (ok not major but not mentioned)

Exhibit 2a - overspray on door sills
b - toe/camber well out
c - rust on sills (indicated paint has broken due to metal bending i.e. prang) - I have never seen this on a well cared for GTV before!
d - incorrect cover under bonnet on LHS

Exhibit 3a - front end was probably changed due to bodyshops incompetance ordering the later bits going on the calibre of the rest of the job!

Err need I go on!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts