Alfa Romeo Forum banner

241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
There were ads in this weekend's Guardian and Observer newspapers for the new Giulia and Stelvio. I was quite surprised. They'd paid for a wrap-around cover for the glossy magazine - Stelvio on the front and Giulia on the back, with the magazine inside with its normal cover.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was told by my dealer that’s he’s going on a training course for the facelift models this week.

Also offered me a cracking deal on one of the last stock MY19 models...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was shown the Stelvio Sprint this week and have the pricelist .. I just do not understand why the quotation system does not go live at the same time they started the publicity push..I have Alfa all over my social media with cars I can't buy..

·
Registered
162 Posts
My lease is up soon so went in to see my dealer and he was quite open, said he was dreading April as it will be a disaster sales wise as they don’t know if and when the models will arrive, no idea of pricing and as Ricardo75 said they are going on a training day next week. They had a few stock MY2019 cars ( all white voloce ‘s) but no deals to be had, pretty uninspiring offers for such a little choice You would think they would want to clear the decks.

stoneacre in chesterfield were even worse, no deals unless you were driving 5000 miles a year...

I’m going to extend my lease and wait till next year.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Omnishambles.... word of the day. :p

·
Registered
33,771 Posts
Is it only Alfa who don’t want to underwrite car values three years from now?
Highly unlikely they are alone. If you’re backed by the German industrial machine it’s still not looking good, and that’s without the cars they do deals on coming back in 2023 in negative equity!
They are busy investing in the cars that make today’s cars that they are selling obsolete.

·
Registered
33,771 Posts
I bought a diesel Stelvio just over a year ago and in two years I have a GFV of £21.5k. I was thinking I’d pay it off and keep it but if it’s worth less than that it’d be tempting to take the walk away option because of the market by then.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I bought a diesel Stelvio just over a year ago and in two years I have a GFV of £21.5k. I was thinking I’d pay it off and keep it but if it’s worth less than that it’d be tempting to take the walk away option because of the market by then.
I think you would struggle to find as good a car with that spec for £21.5k Cue and you will have the peace of mind of having had it from new knowing it’s full history.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I think you would struggle to find as good a car with that spec for £21.5k Cue and you will have the peace of mind of having had it from new knowing it’s full history.
Indeed, I just paid off £12.5K on my 2017 Giulia. I know the car is perfect, I know all the serving is up to date and I know the car has ben taken care of.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Same here. I just paid off the £12K on my 2017/66 plate 2.0 Super. I had a goodwill reduction of nearly £700 applied by FCA for my complaint relating to some of the warranty issues taking too long due to parts delays. Dealer offered me £15.5k as part-ex when I enquired out of curiosity. Insurance book valuation is ~£17k without factoring in any of the upgrades I have made or the desirable options from new which will increase private sale value by some extent. This is more than I anticipated when I bought it new, so I am happy to continue owning it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
As someone new to the brand 3 years ago when I bought my quad, I can now see why so many Alfa owners keep their cars so long.

I never keep my cars longer than 3 years, but I've just settled my PCP, taken the 2 year extended warranty, bought the 3 additional services which will cover the £1200+ 4th service and am settling in for extended ownership. My car has done less than 25k miles, been loved and pampered and has, on the whole, been pretty reliable. My dealer has also been good.

However, my biggest reason for not chopping it in is that the Giulia really hasn't moved on over the last 3 years - it looks identical externally and some of the 'improvements' internally don't look that great. Sure, the infotainment has been updated, but it still isn't cutting edge and not worth the cost of a new car.

Other than that, I simply can't think of another car under £100k that I'd rather have right now, so I'm in it for the long haul!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Feel good about continued ownership, you are not creating a new additional carbon footprint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted before/elsewhere. ARUK website has acknowledged the existence of a "new" Giulia and Stelvio, but the configurator is still working on the "old" ones I think. If I choose the 280hp engine I can't configure anyway (but that might just be me/my pc). Not really very helpful to encourage any prospective buyers, but that's par for the course.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It also does not work for me, so I suspect they are updating it for the MY2020, note also the wrong base price for the 280hp, which I am told will go up once the MY2020 UK prices are added.

Interestingly the Stelvio configurator works but the pictures are of the MY2019, strange as you can now order MY2020 from the dealers

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
My view of Alfa UK marketing

241 - 260 of 262 Posts