Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Please help me.
I tried to find the threads about the similar problems but everybody is saying if you have 4 sticks that fit to 4 holes the headunit will slide come off easily.

But in the first place, the stick won't go in!!! there is something wrong inside:mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry:. Any tips very appreciated!!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Could be worth buying a set of proper removal 'keys'. They are very cheap, from an ICE store or ebay. This ensures the rod prongs are a perfect fit and slide in at the correct angle, and help grab the headunit when you go to pull it out.

Basically, when you push the rods in, they push aside metal tabs that are splayed out and lock the headunit in position. You will need to push them in around 5-8cm from memory.

One thing that can go wrong, is if the angle of the rod is totally wrong or forced, and you inadvertantly bend the tabs. It will be difficult to recover from there!

:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be worth buying a set of proper removal 'keys'. They are very cheap, from an ICE store or ebay. This ensures the rod prongs are a perfect fit and slide in at the correct angle, and help grab the headunit when you go to pull it out.

Basically, when you push the rods in, they push aside metal tabs that are splayed out and lock the headunit in position. You will need to push them in around 5-8cm from memory.

One thing that can go wrong, is if the angle of the rod is totally wrong or forced, and you inadvertantly bend the tabs. It will be difficult to recover from there!

:)

Thank you for this. I didn't know there is a store on his forum!
I will get the tool and I think previous owner tried to open it and ruined it!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts