Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if you guys and gals with the facelifted 156's could tell me if they come standard with isofix for child seats.

This is a big thing as I've just recently purchased two baby seats with isofix and it's a must my next car has it so I can interchange them easily with my company car.

Oh yeah....my 145QV is up for sale again!! Any offers?:p http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?showtopic=4126&hl=

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
no, it's not standard as far as i'm aware but it is definitely available as an option. i use a different brand child seat which is held in place with the seatbelt but there's no other special fixings as far as i can see :)

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I don't have Isofix in mine.

Maybe an option :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yup, me does, had to investigate Isofix too with tiny one en route. Not hard to check, shove hands down back of seat and look for metal thing.

Mine's a 'Sport' which basically means Veloce with Black Leather and bits. TBH I though *all* faclifted 156's had Isofix, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I thought all facelift versions had them too. Be warned though, you will not find a seat manufacturer that will 'approve' the use of their seats in any Alfa. I have recently had fun with my GT trying to find a seat that fits.
I went for an isofix as all the regular seats that use the seat belts caused buckle crunch (and believe me, I tested them all!)

I bought a Britax isofix seat. Although Britax told me that officially it hadn't been tested (Alfa wouldn't let them, and BMW have only just ) I found it fitted well, with no sign of movement.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmm;

Be warned though, you will not find a seat manufacturer that will 'approve' the use of their seats in any Alfa. I have recently had fun with my GT trying to find a seat that fits.
Doesn't apply to Isofix, but the Graco Travel System / Car Seat Combo does specifically mention the 156 (Noticed in printed manual in Toys'R'Us), although have yet to confirm it folds and fits in the boot (on Paper it will!)

If it helps anyone the manual is here => http://www.graco.co.uk/downloads/pdfs/car/auto_bbase.pdf and Page 88 has the car seat compatibility

Oops, Edited cos the link thing buggered, it was there, you just had to really want to see it!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ditto..I had buckle crunch on every one and also went for the Brittax seat. I was also under the assumption that all facelifted 156's had isofix, although this thread is making me think otherwise:confused:

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Just checked on mine and can't find it still....:confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's easy to miss, it has a fancy name, but all it is is a metal rectangle bolted down that sticks up and is accessible through the gap in the seats, see attachment, but the bit you're looking for is number 3, it's a real non event, you're expecting something clever!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Even better, look at the piccies on this thread;

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1708792

Note that Alfa are too tight to even give us (well me at least) the plastic fronts / attachments to make life easier!

That said, we're getting a car seat with a permanently fixed base (See earlier post) instead so even easier to get Flish Junior in and out. You can have my ISofix if you want :cheese: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just this week been looking for an Alfa 156 with ISOFIX as my w reg 156 does not have it and none of the car seats tested would fit safely. Every one had buckle crunch or just would not fit.
I phoned Alfa who stated that to the best of their knowledge isofix was put on in 2002 and we have looked at a few pre face lift 156's that do have isofix.
If anyone has a late 156 02 or early 03 face lift with isofix i would love to know what child seat you have fitted

Clive

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think mine has Isofix, but I found that the Recaro baby seats with the usual belt attachment fitted incredibly well in my 156SW and are also fine in our Focus. The woman at the shop (who had to ask me what make the car was as she's never seen one before :rolleyes: ) said the seat was the best fit she'd ever seen.

And the seat is Recaro, made of really comfortable, easy-clean and nice looking material, and has loads of neck support. What's not to like:D :D :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Both of ours do and if we had kids, we'd defo use them :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a facelifted 156, on a 53 plate, which didn't have isofix. Have switched to the 159 now, so can't go back and double check, but I'd been down those back seats elbow deep, james herriot style. Found no fixings down there, nor any baby cows.

On the 159, there's a little Isofix tag on the upholstery - not sure if that's standard on all Isofixed cars?
Aidan.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
386 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but thought it better than creating a new.
My 156RST produced 09/2003 does not have ISOfix. Can anyone tell me the mounts is a fixed part of the car body, or a separate bolt-on item? I've looked in the parts catalogue, but can't seem to identify it anywhere. Could anyone perhaps take a picture of the mounts - obviously in behind the seats? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts