Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a pair of replacement headlamps; both of mine are broken in some way or another!

I've ordered these separately but I'll have to get the dealer involved when it comes to fitting them as I really don't want to get into taking the bumper off etc.

What I want to know is, while the bumper is off, how easy would it be to get front headlamp washers fitted? I believe they require a separate tank/motor but just operate when the normal washers are operated. Just wondered as I've often thought they'd be a useful thing to have, especially if I decide to fit a Xenon kit at a later date.

If I could get all of the parts cheaply enough, is it something that a dealer would be prepared to undertake? Would it be better to obtain a new front bumper and fit everything to that first?

I have seen a thread on here before but I think it was for the pre-facelift model. If anyone knows a list of parts I would require for the facelift model, that would be great!

Cheers,

Gary

·
Administrator
86,657 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother, they are a waste of time & washer liquid.
Mine are disconnected as they were leaking on & off since new, wish I'd done it earlier as I was filling the washer tank more often than I was checking the oil.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if they are always going wrong then buying them doesn't sound like a great investment.

Since I was going to have the bumper off to do the headlamps I thought it might be worth a go.

Thanks for the replies by the way - I didn't receive an email notification for some reason!

Cheers,

Gary

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Its not so much that they go wrong, its more that even when they are working they don't do much other than waste your screenwash and get the bonnet all dirty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts