• Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep pestering me about "Facebook".
Originally a yearbook site for American school kids.

Personally, I'm staying well clear, bunch of saddos
spending all their time on an internet site communicating
through text etc ..... um.... errr.... I'll get my coat....

:lol:

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
I've had to block it at work, folk just browsing facebook all day long, idle ******s ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm on it but I'm not a fan of those kinda things - I'm not the best at keeping in contact with people and I don't really care lol. I found facebook very revenue driven...everything seems to cost $28 a year each.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
On it now....putting up embarassing videos of my mates.

·
Registered
24,514 Posts
No. I'm a bit old for that kind of thing. Not been there so I don't know but I imagine it is pretty pointless, immature and alien to anyone over 22 (age not IQ).

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
No. I'm a bit old for that kind of thing. Not been there so I don't know but I imagine it is pretty pointless, immature and alien to anyone over 22 (age not IQ).
Wouldn't really call it immature. It's just like Friends reunited... I'm sure you've heard of that.

Myspace is crap because its too commercial and random freaks will try and be your so called "FRIEND". Whereas on the other hand Facebook is only really people you actually have known/know in your lifetime.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Huh? What's Facebook :confused: :confused:

I don't have time to post on internet forums anyway !! :p

:D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Like faceparty, myspace etc etc facebook is just a glorified dating site. i steer well clear.
Ah right.... cheers V :thumbs:

I'll be doing likewise then !! ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Voted other.

Signed up about three weeks ago following an invite from a mate from school. Turns out there's only one other from my university year (1974) registered, nobody from school so have just deactivated and requested they erase all trace of me.

It's all too public, a bit juvenile and definitely not for anybody over 25.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I use it. Really saves time staying in touch with lots of people at the same time. Also great for finding old friends, especially from the time before everyone had email and mobile phones.

It's a multi-purpose site too, it's networking, instant messaging, photo-sharing, event organising and micro-blogging in one website. Far more private than Myspace too (check your privacy settings, I like to tweak these).

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Voted other.

Signed up about three weeks ago following an invite from a mate from school. Turns out there's only one other from my university year (1974) registered, nobody from school so have just deactivated and requested they erase all trace of me.

It's all too public, a bit juvenile and definitely not for anybody over 25.
Public? People can only see your details of you have confirmed them as a friend (or have joined a network they are in). Otherwise they just get a one inch thumbnail pic.

Not for people over 25? I'm 31 and 130 of my friends are on there so far... some I lost touch with years ago from the days before email and mobiles and am glad to be in touch with again.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yes I do.. Used it for the last year. very good for keeping in contact with people from college and uni.

OA
I use it. Really saves time staying in touch with lots of people at the same time. Also great for finding old friends, especially from the time before everyone had email and mobile phones.

It's a multi-purpose site too, it's networking, instant messaging, photo-sharing, event organising and micro-blogging in one website. Far more private than Myspace too (check your privacy settings, I like to tweak these).
Ditto to both of these posts :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts