Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Detailers, have been going a bid mad of late and gave my Bella a Full Wash-Clay-Wash-SRP-EGP and even if i do say so myself my paintwork is looking mighty fine for 4 days at a couple of slow hrs in eve pace, and now i have decided to do the hood on me Spider.:rolleyes:

I Know i should have done this first but i don't mind having to give it a quick wash & wax after i have cleaned the fabric of the roof, going to buy some Fabric hood Shampoo tomorrow and noticed a few guys online video using some king of electric polisher machine but the difference is that the head has 2 scrubbing brushes that will deep clean the hood and is what i need as my hood is green with moss.:(

So! any of you guys tell me what this scrubbing machine is, is it necessary? Is their any alternatives ie: adapting another machine with a different device?

Cheers in Advance as always.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not necessary. Rinse the hood so it's wet and free of loose rubbish, use a good hood cleaner and a leather brush to agitate. Work In smallish sections the rinse in one go. Can use a wet vac to dry or lots of towels, but do not shove it in the sun to dry. Once dry use a fabric protector to protect it from further harm

Hth

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Matt, i have done it b4 and have fabisil and Renovo products etc and after abit of research today have discovered the/a magic formula for detergent to clean moss.

Cup of Soda Crystals + 600ml Water + 60ml APC = Moss&DirtRKaput
mixed together and sprayed onto mould and dirty areas of hood and worked with stiff scrubbing brush. Am going to have a crack at it tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Matt, i have done it b4 and have fabisil and Renovo products etc and after abit of research today have discovered the/a magic formula for detergent to clean moss.

Cup of Soda Crystals + 600ml Water + 60ml APC = Moss&DirtRKaput
mixed together and sprayed onto mould and dirty areas of hood and worked with stiff scrubbing brush. Am going to have a crack at it tomorrow.:)
Nice good man. Never needed the soda crystals myself but everything is worth trying once. There are dedicated bacteria killers should you be worried about 'living' organisms of any kind but a thorough shampoo should do. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts