Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did see the 360 one only I paid no where near what that one costs. Tho I do need to fabricate a manifold but should be good

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Walt, would love to hear your results once fitted.

T

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
whats the part number?

wow 84mm

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know 2 of them must suck like a field of dyson's lol

Will get the part no tomorrow for you Tom.

Scott

·
Vendor
45,757 Posts
I like the 360 throttlebody as its ID is bang on the same as the ID of the neck of the original plenum. So unless you want to change the plenum anyway, the 360 TB is ideal.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I like the 360 throttlebody as its ID is bang on the same as the ID of the neck of the original plenum. So unless you want to change the plenum anyway, the 360 TB is ideal.
so its a like for like fit at the plenum end? :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,757 Posts
so its a like for like fit at the plenum end? :thumbs:
No, the bolt holes are in a different position, we had an adapter piece CNC'd for Jimbo's 3.8, I'm sure you could probably get away with slotting the bolt holes in the plenum but I don't know how easy it would be if you ever wanted to go back to the old throttlebody.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
will you gain much power from just fitting a 360 throttle body and adaptor plate. I assume the flex pipe has to be changed aswell???

·
Vendor
45,757 Posts
The good thing about the 360 throttlebody and the adapter plate is that the internal diameter is the same as the neck of the plenum, so you don't need to modify the plenum to fit it. You could fit a bigger throttlebody but I don't think you'd get anymore power as the neck of the plenum would become a restriction. A bigger throttlebody than the 360 one would need a custom plenum to get even more power.

·
Vendor
45,757 Posts
Pud, am I right in thinking these aren't much use unless your increasing the engines need for more air? i.e. increasing the capacity.
I think I remember someone on here seeing 22Nm more on a standard 3.2, which is a pretty hefty increase.

·
Registered
144 Posts
22Nm!

How much are the adapter plates and larger silicon pipes?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update I am on the process of having a new intake manifold made to fit the new throttle body too as we speak. Will update when I have the parts and more details I will update the thread.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts