Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never having bought anu games for my PC before, I decided to stick my toe in the water and bought Grand Prix 3 and a (non-FFB) Thrustmaster 360 Modena wheel.

Hey, and I thought it was a doddle to drive an F1 car!!
. God knows what the real thing is like.

Bit like a demolition derby at the moment when I get behind the wheel right now. Doughnuts are my speciality.

Anyway, the game/wheel combination is brilliant. I can thoroughly recommend it for any game rookies like me. Next time it'll be F1 2000 and a Logitech Wingman FFB.

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Hey you should have waited coz in September GP4 will be out. Do you want the 2001 colors and drivers etc for your GP3?

I have a patch somewhere. Ive got the force feedback Microsoft wheel which is *ucking fantastic and I actually have a Patch for the Alfa Romeo F1 car as well if you want that.

Let me know and if need be ill zipem and upload them to the server for you to get your hands on.

We should try having a link up game. We have a network here and link them occasionally for fun. You have broad band too so there shouldnt be much lagg. Its bloody addictive when you learn how to set the car up right and start winning races. The replays are cool! I have another patch to allow you to keep the replay for in your computers ram so you can watch the entire race if it has some good crashes and/or Visshy manouvers. Have fum mate and as they say it in East London (LOL) "Baked Potata" - "Later"

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!

Thanks for the offers. One of the first things I did once I got it all up and running was to seek out patches on the net. So far I have downloaded and installed the official patch, GP3 edit, gpx patch, etc, etc. Got the 2001 teams and setups, car sets, and the improved car sounds & tracks and textures.

Now all I need is to learn how to drive!! I have turned off all the driver aids, and it's a b****y nightmare. Great fun though. I will be all the more in awe of these guys when I watch the german GP this w/e.

I'm looking forward to GP4, as clearly GP3 for all its plus points is basically a souped up DOS game. I understand that F1 2000 is a lot better from the graphics point of view, and I guess GP4 will be better still. However, I picked GP3 up for a tenner and the wheel for £35, so all in all it's a pretty reasonable start.

Linking up to have a game sounds good, and I'll go for that once I have got the hang of driving in a straight line. At the moment I seem to be the cause of a multiple pile-up at every opportunity. Has me in stitches, but I want to get it right.

Have you seen those force feedback 'Recaro' type seats you can get? Plug 'em into the USB port, and not only can you have FFB through your steering wheel, but apparently the seat does a good impression of a water bed on...shall we say...an energetic night.

Nerdsville here I come

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it available fot PCs or just PS2?

What I would really like is a DTM sim, so I could drive a 155 around!! Is there one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts