Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3045 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time we started the 2012 thread I think...

It will be a busy thread on half of the race weekends :rolleyes:...........

·
Registered
831 Posts
is the the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning...................

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I'll Just grab my seat here front row PR, my money is on Mercedes this season as rumour has it Mercedes have been developing this for over 12 months now! So! Schumacher WC No8.;)

& Kimi will be there or there about's by mid season while RedBull will fall off their perch and be mixing it with Ferrari & McLaren. The big surprise will be Renault/Lotus next season.

I shall put my Crystal Ball away now and go put some money where my mouth is then.........?:lol:;)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Some interesting comments already in here, I only just heard about Red Bull and Ferrari pulling out of FOTA, wonder if ALL the other teams will follow them now though !!!!.........:confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
What are the implications of that? :eek:
Is it just more of the big teams throwing their toys out of the pram so they get their own way.
As for next year more of the same i think nobody can touch vettel unless Hamilton remembers he's a racing driver and not a pop star.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Hamilton hasn't got a contract after 2012 yet.......although HE seems confident that McLaren are going to sign him up VERY soon.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
In fact there a quite a few Drivers who haven't got a seat in F1 next year yet......:eek:

Pastor Maldonado has signed for Williams though, but no sign of Rubens Barichello getting the other seat there........

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hamilton hasn't got a contract for next Year yet.......although HE seems confident that McLaren are going to sign him up VERY soon.........:rolleyes:
I thought he does have a contract until the end of 2012, after that he hasnt. I may be wrong though

As far as FOTA goes, the main reason they "formed" was to negotiate better TV terms. Now that is done the main raison d'etre of it has diminished somewhat

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I thought he does have a contract until the end of 2012, after that he hasnt. I may be wrong though

Yes, you are right there his contract DOES take him through until the end of 2012, I should have put the Year in my comment, and will do so now........:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
A split in FOTA is a disaster. Without them, Ecclestone has no restraint. FOTA, with their ultimate potential to form their own series, have a big role to play in resisting the move to more GPs in places that will pay CVC loadsa money, instead of in places with good circuits and spectators. Goodbye Belgium, for example.

Our only hope now is that the Serious Fraud Office's investigation distracts Bernie and slows him down.

M

·
0 Posts
I just hope that Kimi in the Lotus won't be a remake of Damon in an Arrows:rolleyes:

·
Registered
963 Posts
It has the potential to be a disaster. The law of diminishing returns doesn't deter teams like RBR and Ferrari spending much more than other teams in search of that elusive additional 0.001 second per lap.

F1 is highly technical and it takes time - years - to build an experienced team and components. This would deter any new entrants from entering if they once again see a cartel that they have no chance of breaking in to even after years of work.

In other news, yes, you do only need the HD package to watch the new Sky channel.

Sky F1 ? New Sky Sports F1 Channel ? Sky Sports HD

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I'd only ever subscribe to SKY Sports if it was FREE !!!!!..........:rolleyes:

No matter how much HD they throw in !!!!........:tut:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
It has the potential to be a disaster. The law of diminishing returns doesn't deter teams like RBR and Ferrari spending much more than other teams in search of that elusive additional 0.001 second per lap.

F1 is highly technical and it takes time - years - to build an experienced team and components. This would deter any new entrants from entering if they once again see a cartel that they have no chance of breaking in to even after years of work.

In other news, yes, you do only need the HD package to watch the new Sky channel.

Sky F1 ? New Sky Sports F1 Channel ? Sky Sports HD
I got that email yesterday too, relieved as I did not want to subscribe to the sports chans just to watch the GP (muted with 5 live commentary).

Can't wait to see Kimi back, routing for Alonso as always and hope Ferrari pull their thumb out earlier next season, no interest in Red Bull except Webber who would do better at McMerc, Ferrari or Mercedes (no chance of the latter really). Alonso or Button to win next year for me :)

1 - 20 of 3045 Posts