Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just seen come up on Autotrader a F/L Twinnie - high miles but only £1395 in Oxfordshire. When I googled the landline telephone number to find out exactly where in Oxfordshire it just came up with a premium-rate tariff and no precise location. Is this too good to be true and if so is it a scam?

·
Registered
873 Posts
The ad shows a private seller using a "Telesafe" number to prevent scammers/canvassers approaching him/her and offering to pay more than the asking price if he arranges shipping etc.

I'd use the email link, ask to view the car and see what you get back. Does look like a cheap car though!

·
Registered
354 Posts
No sign of it this morning...how many miles had it done, out of interest?

I don't see any facelift TS cars being worth more than £4k now, regardless of mileage and as long as they are outside of the parallel pricing universe of Veloces / B&W.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It had done 112,000 miles and seemed to be one owner. It had a service history but I don't know when the cambelt had last been done. It seemed to be in good condition and although I would prefer one around 60,000-70,000 miles it was so cheap [£1395] that I was interested but by the time that Chris had reassured me about the premium rate number it was gone! It appeared on Autotrader on late Friday evening and by Saturday evening it was no longer on Autotrader! I hope one of all those viewing my thread late Friday evening was able to act and purchase it since it seemed a fantastic bargain, especially compared to the prices that Veloces advertise! At least then it stays within the Alfa fraternity and I can console myself that I really want a lower mileage one, I know I will have to pay a grand or more on top of the asking price of the above and I don't mind that but I will not be paying the speculative exorbitant prices that Veloces demand. I know they claim it is a question of supply and demand due to the limited number of facelifts, especially the 3.0 Sportronics and the 3.2 manuals, but if nobody buys surely the prices in the end would have to come down and at least start approximating the values seen in Parker's guides etc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts