Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been woken up by my wife who tells me the passenger wing mirror is squint. I go out and some motherfunking, co#ksucking piece of sheeite has pushed the mirror right back and broken the casing. I've managed to make it look right but I think it's beyond repair. My casings are red which means either more money to get a new one sprayed, or I replace both with black (actually, just had a thought, AO sells carbon covers.....sorted).

But FCUK, I live in a cul-de-sac so it's someone in my street that has done it on the way home from the pub.

Could've been worse. My Father-in-Laws brand new GTi is sitting in my drive at the moment (I've been booting the arse of the turbo mota), he wouldn't have been too happy to let us use his car while they're on holiday and come back to find it vandalised.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Right, I've kinda calmed down now.

Marlon

·
Registered
632 Posts
See it's good to talk. Calms you down :)

Bummer about the wing mirror. I dont have a driveway so it has to be parked on the road. I have nightmares about gangs of ****-heads wandering home and clattering the car. Luckily (touch-wood) it hasn't happened yet.

Thank God for AO shop :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone want to form an Alfa 155 protection branch of the Guardian Angels? The BMW Freedom Fighters are are insidiously making our lives hell. We need to cut this ugly section of stereo thieving, key scratching, mirror breaking society down in their tracks before they cause us more harm. As Erik used to say, Alfisti regards!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you don't need a licence to have a crossbow in the house and another advantage it has over a high-powered hunting rifle is that if you miss the drunken scumsucker, he won't realise what the "woosh" was, giving you the chance for another head-shot.

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Marlon
The same thing happened to my mirror but i managed to fix it.
Inside the plastic is an aluminium frame type thing,it was broken so i went to my local motor factors and got some of that putty stuff that you mix and it goes as hard as metal(so they say).
I removed the mirror,awkward as you have to take the door panel off to get at the electrics,stripped it and moulded the putty around the aluminium frame and left it overnight.
Worked fine the only thing is it can,t fold now,still it saved me a fortune.
Hope this is a help.
Regards
Shug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Shug.
I've thought of Super Glue and metal bonders, but like you say, I wouldn't be able to fold it (not that the folding worked and saved the thing anyway). Think I'll give it a try and then buy AO's carbon covers to tidy the mess.

Marlon

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
gutted frown

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shug/Marlon

I tried the metal glue stuff too. I fabricated a little bit of metal into a long "U" shaped tube to try and strengthen the join. It didn't last five minutes!

I would advise getting another mirror as you don't know when it will fail, flap about and damage your bodywork as a bonus eek! eek!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear of the damage. I can't offer any assistance on the fixing it front, however, it is possible to ensure that it doesn't happen again!

This is an old South African trick.

Instal a cheap and cheerful alarm system to your car, the kind that are alwayts willing to be go off, remove the siren and install a simple high Volt relay in its place. The next mod involves thick tin foil glued to the underside of the mirror, or underside of the door handle or anything you don't want fiddled with. Make sure you isolate the foil from the metal of the car and wire the foil to the plus side of the relay. Now the wiring of the next bit is beyond me but needs an independent connection to the cars Coil which needs activation energy from the relay. The alarm won't sound, but will feed power the the relay and High Volt to the foil when activated. The toe rag that then touches the foil will probably also touch the car bodywork and be thrown several feet through the air from the electruic shock.

Shame this isn't legal in England, seems a common one, along with ground mounted flame throwers and electric mods to the drivers chair in SA. You don't need to disturb the Police with this approach, therefore conserving resources!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few years ago, a guy in the UK had his Cossy wired up like that. He got the jail after some toe-rag burnt his hands trying to nick it. Where's the justice ????

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are but part two of the plan might involve a shovel, the 155's boot is easily good for one rolled up dead person surely?

I'm beginning to scare myself, time for a Beer, to steady the nerves!

The annoying thing is that my widebody V6 doesn't fit in a garage. Its open to thieving scum bags, I suggests those caught TWOCing should be castrated with a really rusty spoon!

Anyone agree?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i think if you put up sign saying
'lethal alarm installed death is likely if fu**ed with'
then its legal.!!!!!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andy

Sorry, but you'll get the blame for not having your car in the garage, you shudda known better than to leave such temptation in the way of those nice young men eek! eek!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, castration with a spoon following all incidents of the filthy scumbags touching cars is the way forward, I think so, oh yes I do.

So there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
about the broken mirrors had the same problem with mine,if you go to a local welder fabricator most will be able to weld the broken casting,our local welder assures me that its a zinc alloy and welded it with no problems.hope it saves you a bit of cash :D

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Actually JB, I think if you put up a sign stating that death may occur its worse as you are acknowledging that the device can be lethal. If you put nothing, at least you ahve the claim that you didn`t think death would occur. Its like putting 'danger vicious dog' on your front door. If a poor burgular gets ripped to shreds (yeah!) then its your fault as you knew it was a dangerous dog!
Castration with a rusty spoon would probably be made easier if the knackers were held in place by a stab with a rusty fork, first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An underfed Doberman pinscher in the boot is always a good one against tea leaves.

"Nero" also disposes of the evidence for you.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Is'nt it a sad reflection of life in the UK that victims of crime always come off as the bad guys. How many times have we heard of burglars getting caught by the house owner who then gets sued/ imprisoned for defending his property/family or even his life. Now when I was in the Middle East they used to cut peoples hands off for theiving etc. There was virtually zero crime though, what a surprise. Lets legalise vigilantes, anyone remember the Charles Bronson films.

Interesting that crimes involving firearms is increaasing. Can't understand it as most firearms are banned. Can't believe a criminal would get an untraceable gun on the black market!!

Sorry for going on but I feel rather strongly about the subject.

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And quite rightly so! The issue is that, with car crime in this country the appropriate authorities do not care. For example, I used to have a Sierra, a thieving scum bag broke into it and stole the bloody steering wheel! A call to the police station was greeted by
'Your call has been logged and your crime number is.......'

No copper showed up, nadda, nothing!

Now had I said 'I have caught a thief stealing my steering wheel and have hacked him into very small bit sized pieces and fed him to my pet Chiwawa' Do you think the fuzz would have shown up, I think so.

Excuse me while I dismount my soapbox and calm down a little.

Thank you

Andy :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts