Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, this afternoon some berk in a Merc decided to go careering into the back of my GTV while approaching a roundabout.

No life threatening injuries luckily but my GTV rear end isn't what it used to be. Bumper and light strip are both a bit broke, and my boot is wedged slightly open. The 3rd party car came worse off by the looks of it. God bless crumple zones!

My question is what sort of price do you think a garage will be charging to repair rear bumper, light strip and knackered boot lid? I'm trying to gauge whether I could be looking at a write-off or not. Bloody hope not.

Lets hope she's all up and fixed ready for the record attempt

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sorry to hear that......But at least you are ok...............

I have no clue on the price of a garage repair .............. If it is a right-off .............. and can bought back and be done as a DIY ...... get in touch with Ned at Auto Lusso A boot, Bumper and Light strip wouldn't be much.

Whatever, I hope you get it sorted.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Peter,

Quick update the hire company has just phoned and they want to give me a Corsa or Fiesta as a courtesy car :mad:

·
Registered
Spider, 147, 156 SW Selespeed, Brera
171 Posts
Same here, my Cavalier (!) was replaced with a brand-new, enormous and gadgety (but boring) Toyota Avensis for 2 weeks by Endsleigh... I would be having words over a Corsa or Fiesta! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
There are loads of companys that supply hire cars like for like who charge the third partys insurance company direct if the accident was not your fault, contact a local breakdown company as they normally deal with one or two from the amount of road traffic collisions that they attend.
My friend had his car rear ended, he said he wanted a like for like car but needed a towbar as he takes his boat to wales a lot, they got him a brand new car and had a towbar fitted to it that day for him :)
Plus there is non of this 14 day only rubbish, you keep the car until you either get yours back repaired or get paid out.
Give a few a phone, there well worth it.

Here are a few, just ask about how long you get to keep the hire car.

Accident Claims, No Win No Fee Compensation, Personal Injury Lawyers & Solicitors - Accidents Direct

Accident Management

Car Accident Hire Service | Car Hire After a Road Traffic Accident

·
Registered
332 Posts
Right, this afternoon some berk in a Merc decided to go careering into the back of my GTV while approaching a roundabout.

No life threatening injuries luckily but my GTV rear end isn't what it used to be. Bumper and light strip are both a bit broke, and my boot is wedged slightly open. The 3rd party car came worse off by the looks of it. God bless crumple zones!

My question is what sort of price do you think a garage will be charging to repair rear bumper, light strip and knackered boot lid? I'm trying to gauge whether I could be looking at a write-off or not. Bloody hope not.

Lets hope she's all up and fixed ready for the record attempt
£700 to £1000 to fix probably on an insurance job.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
No-one will tell me what my repair cost when a numpty backed into my front quarter. I know I needed a new bonnet at 700 quid though, which then had to be sprayed....Mwah haha (Sorry, I like to get a little something back from these industries!) Had a row with the garage over it though...I told them I wanted a new bonnet and they initially said no, as they wanted to keep costs down. then decided their repair man didnt have the skills to repair the fibreglass anyway..mwah haha again...

Also had a row with Admiral (Third parties Insurance co') over my Corsa courtesy car...bleurgh... I hated that thing. Everyone I know thought it was great cause it was on a brand new plate...

JUST BECAUSE ITS NEW DOESNT MEAN ITS GOOD!

oh god, sorrry, the memories bring back the anger, and the shame...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did ok in the end. After a bit of nagging got an Insignia SRI 2.0l Turbo. Never driven anything with a sport button before!

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Think the problem is that after all the recent weather and related accidents there aren't many courtesy cars left....my mate works for a Ford Dealership who do a lot of accident repairs for all makes, and they have 40 courtesy cars.....they ran out after the first week of the snow.......

Repair-wise you are in a stronger position since you are effectively claiming off the third-party's policy, but if you definitely want the car to be repaired rather than written off it might be worth negotiating on the basis of using second hand parts for eg the bumper and rear-light - items which don't really deteriorate - they should be available second-hand for £100 - £150 and if lucky you might get the bumper in correct colour. You could even go for a second-hand bootlid - they rarely rot - and should be available for about £30. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sorry to hear your car got bashed, so irritating when its not your own fault, your whiplash compensation will make up for the annoyance to a degree though i hope.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I just want my car back on the road. There's not many GTVs around that have less than 50k on the clock and a lot of blood and sweat has gone into that car over the last year that I've had it.

As long as the chassis is ok I'll get it back and fix it if worse comes to worse. If not I'll prob get it back anyway and have my first attempt at breaking a car.

Still no word from the garage

Not happy :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers guys, felt like crying today when I heard that.

Now let battle commence to get a decent amount of money for the car. Just seems such a shame when its only done 48K.

I may have to look at a V6 to help ease the pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts