Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Have just found this site after buying myself a 156. Always loved the sheer style of the things, just waited forever before actually getting one!

She's a silver 2.0 TS, been specced up quite well by the one and only previous owner:

Few little niggles, but then again it's an 8 year old car. Nothing I can't fix - variator sounds like it's retired (have chucked some valve train cleaner in for an overly optimistic hope it'll fix it :rolleyes: ) and it's as flat as a fart under 2750 revs - doesn't like to go anywhere if it's not warmed up, either. Might well need a cam belt, too - it's only done 40k miles but I'm not sure if it's been changed) Character, I think I heard it called!

Anyway, I've been messing about with cars for longer than I care to remember. The Alfa's replacing an R reg Marea 20v (for sale cheap, if anyone wants it) and wil sit alongside my other toy on the drive - a Van Aaken turbo'ed 1242cc Cinquecento. Believe it or not, the cinq will probably beat the Alfa down the quarter mile - posted a 16 second run at York last year.

Anyway, look forward to chatting to you all. Have been changing a clutch on a friend's Cinq today - so a soak in Radox might well be in order if I'm to move at all tomorrow!

Cheers,

Pete.

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO Pete...nice pic...silver is a great colour...but then i would

all the best

:) :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the welcomes, fellas :cool:

:lol: You'd struggle with the cinq turbo engine in the Alfa, it kicks out around 100bhp which makes for energetic progress in a car of just 735Kg.

There's plenty of room down the front of the TS engine, could quite easily get a manifold made up for a turbo on that......:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts