Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, on my car I needed to shift keys around so that the alarm was correctly enabled and disabled (you can't program new keys when the alarm is active, but cannot deactive the alarm unless you have a programmed key, you can though program a new key if you disconnect the alarm, but then its out of sync).

When you are talking about swapping high and low values do you mean the endianess? Could you send me a copy of the files before you swapped the values and after?
Hi,
I dont know why all this complicating...look, dump the eeprom with neoprogrammer, look at it(it has only few values), save it...thats your backup!!! Now open this dump again an hit swap button,save it again and use different name. Put that .bin into decoder and write down key kodes on a paper. Instal all back into the car and unlock the receiver to introduce new key...this procedure should have nothing to do with alarm or anything because just ads new key code.and you are on the safe side because you are using cars original code to unlock.
Now take the reciver back out from car and dump it again,hit swap and save it. Decode it an check the key code number 3. Copy the address values to neo programmer on the address of first key and rewrite other address with zeroes. Swap it again, save it as new bin. Than flash that last bin to eeprom. Instal in the car and will work 100%.
Actualy when you unlock the reciver using old key's code and introduce new one you dont have to do last step to be able to use that new key,it is just for safety that car opens only one key.
Let me know if you tackled it or i will send you bin files but i see no reason or how it might that help you since you have your files that are basicaly the same except values on the key code addresses.
Regards

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks. I know what you mean by swap now. I had thought you were describing a function of asprogrammer. No need for the files.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
No confusion, but no offence man you are not on the same page here with me...tell me again what are you trying to do and where is the problem again...i gave the most step by step instructions but i feel like im writting to a wall...

·
Registered
200 Posts
No confusion, but no offence man you are not on the same page here with me...tell me again what are you trying to do and where is the problem again...i gave the most step by step instructions but i feel like im writting to a wall...
Hahaha, we're definitely not on the same page. Sorry you feel like you are writing to a wall. I wrote the software here that I think you were using to decode the keys, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a bug with it, or the instructions need updating.

thanks mate but i solved it... trw 6.03059 reciever...read the post below i posted .........
OK its like that..just solve it recently...i read it with ch341a and dumped it with neoprogrammer 2.1.0.19... so the problem accurs when you try to decode it with Alfa Romeo N67 Dump Decoder. i must say that addresses are totaly corect but decoder is swaped...what that meas that you have to go back to neoprogrammer or asprogramer (they are same) and read it again and after read press"swap" and then save it. and voila decoder reads correct values. reminder reminder reminder....your dump file wont be correct if you try to readit on 24/25 mode...in neorprogrammer you have adapter scheme how to do the wiring for 93LC46B eeprom . hope you will tackle it through.
regards
I understand previously you had a problem trying to decode it with that Dump Decoder. You say that the 'problem accurs when you to try to decode it' and 'decoder is swaped' - I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like you had a problem with the decoder, that I'd like to try and solve it.

I think that you are also rereading the dump after programming so that you can get the new unlock code for the new key(s), and remove old key(s). Which is great, because I tried to design the decoder so the structure of the dump could be understood enough for someone to edit it to get exactly what they want. I thought for a moment that what you meant by swap originally was changing the order of these keys. However, that wouldn't explain the problem you had in the first place.

I thought getting the dumps that worked for you, and the dumps that didn't would allow me to figure out exactly what you meant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hahaha, we're definitely not on the same page. Sorry you feel like you are writing to a wall. I wrote the software here that I think you were using to decode the keys, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a bug with it, or the instructions need updating.

I understand previously you had a problem trying to decode it with that Dump Decoder. You say that the 'problem accurs when you to try to decode it' and 'decoder is swaped' - I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like you had a problem with the decoder, that I'd like to try and solve it.

I think that you are also rereading the dump after programming so that you can get the new unlock code for the new key(s), and remove old key(s). Which is great, because I tried to design the decoder so the structure of the dump could be understood enough for someone to edit it to get exactly what they want. I thought for a moment that what you meant by swap originally was changing the order of these keys. However, that wouldn't explain the problem you had in the first place.

I thought getting the dumps that worked for you, and the dumps that didn't would allow me to figure out exactly what you meant.
Your decoder works fine as long as you swap original bin in programmer and the swap it again before flashing...it could also be understood that you decoder is swaped. Instructions shuold be updated in that manner, after dumping press swap button in asprogramer and save bin. Decode it, and then edit or change in asprogrammer. After all done press swap button again and save it. This is your new bin for flashing. Or you can change the decoder that reads the file as is and then no need to swap it or changing the instructions....i will send you files and printscreens

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your decoder works fine as long as you swap original bin in programmer and the swap it again before flashing...it could also be understood that you decoder is swaped. Instructions shuold be updated in that manner, after dumping press swap button in asprogramer and save bin. Decode it, and then edit or change in asprogrammer. After all done press swap button again and save it. This is your new bin for flashing. Or you can change the decoder that reads the file as is and then no need to swap it or changing the instructions....i will send you files and printscreens
you have to have your chip connected...this just random picture from net, as said before i worked with neoprogrammer that is, i think, the same source code like asprogrammer just interface slightky different...im at work and have to get home and find files i was working with at the time and send them so you can configure your decoder...but again it works fine already just requires one extra step ..infamous SWAP :D

InkedNewest-CH341A-USB-Programmer-Software-Free-Download_LI.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Okay that screenshot is awesome. I looked at asprogrammer, but couldn't find a swap button. Will check out this software, that should be enough to figure out what's going on.
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay that screenshot is awesome. I looked at asprogrammer, but couldn't find a swap button. Will check out this software, that should be enough to figure out what's going on.
Cheers

use neoprogrammer...when connected properly it recognise chip automatically and there is also wiring for this early chips. swap button is available when connected ...

link:

·
Registered
13 Posts
use neoprogrammer...when connected properly it recognise chip automatically and there is also wiring for this early chips. swap button is available when connected ...

link:

here are screenshoots of my actual file...open it and then choose the chip as shown below...doesnt need to be connected.

i attached my test.bin that i was experimenting with. its a good file like it should be original one...not swapped yet..just the codes al random and you can play with that a little or use it as template

neo 2.jpg

neo 1.jpg

LET ME KNOW ABOOUT YOUR DECODER...WILL OR HAVE YOU CHANGED IT AND HOW IT WENT WITH STEPPING ON MY PAGE :D :D :D

regards mate

·
Registered
13 Posts
here are screenshoots of my actual file...open it and then choose the chip as shown below...doesnt need to be connected.

i attached my test.bin that i was experimenting with. its a good file like it should be original one...not swapped yet..just the codes al random and you can play with that a little or use it as template

View attachment 951519

View attachment 951520

LET ME KNOW ABOOUT YOUR DECODER...WILL OR HAVE YOU CHANGED IT AND HOW IT WENT WITH STEPPING ON MY PAGE :D :D :D

regards mate

change extension .txt to .bin

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
@theozaurus - I got two codes, unlock code 0 & 1 from your decoder. I only have one remote key after I bought the car. Should I try to enter both of them in the receiver until I find the right one for my key or...?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's great news. It's a bit of a faff entering the code correctly.

Yeah the alarm manages flashing the lights and any sounds.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts