Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Contact!

GialloEvo extracted the codes from one of my keys programmed into the receiver and one that was not. My main problem was twofold:
-I had only one working remote and no way to program another.
-my alarm didn't work because on initial remote programming the alarm module reads the key code from the receiver and only disarms on receiving the correct code.

Once I'd received my remote boards back from him it took me literally 5 minutes to program into the receiver and the whole system (alarm and all) sprang to life.

I've got his email address on an old laptop in th cupboard. I'll have a look tonight and PM To you UncleJam.

He does take awhile to respond but he's a top bloke and incredibly helpful.
Just to say that Gary has now made contact with me, so don't worry about digging out his email addy. Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
By the way, is it possible to install an original GTV receiver in a car that comes equipped with the Meta alarm system?

·
Registered
908 Posts
UncleJam - Could you send me his details if you don't mind? I need the code extracting from mine as well!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How do I know if my alarm is working or not?
And how do I activate it again?

I have a faint memory of reading somewhere about activating the alarm by reprogramming the receiver with the (first ever?) key that initially was programmed into the receiver and that also activates the alarm.
Is this the correct procedure?

When I retrieved the unlockning code for my receiver I got it from the only original working remote that I have, but according to the immobilizer dump that key is number three in line after the master key so maybe key number two was the first remote added to the receiver and consequently the one that also syncs the alarm?

GialloEvo extracted the codes from one of my keys programmed into the receiver and one that was not. My main problem was twofold:
-I had only one working remote and no way to program another.
-my alarm didn't work because on initial remote programming the alarm module reads the key code from the receiver and only disarms on receiving the correct code.

Once I'd received my remote boards back from him it took me literally 5 minutes to program into the receiver and the whole system (alarm and all) sprang to life.

I've got his email address on an old laptop in th cupboard. I'll have a look tonight and PM To you UncleJam.

He does take awhile to respond but he's a top bloke and incredibly helpful.

·
Registered
515 Posts
hi

if i have no red key is it possibe to create one using your tool

regards
Yes, the tool will extract data for all keys stored in the yellow immobilizer box. The Master Key is the first key stored (the SW tool will tell you). All the other keys are red keys, and you can choose to create one or more of those.

But if you have the master key you can create two random "red" keys and program them into the system using the master key. Then there is no need to read the eeprom chip in the immobilizer box.
If you miss the PIN-code, it can be recreated from the key logic in the master key.

See the screenshot from the SW below:

EDIT:
I just realised that you have a Fiat Coupé. While the master key on Alfa Romeos are in a burgundy colour, and the rest of the keys are red, I believe that for your Fiat the master key is red and the rest of the keys are blue. Anyway, my software gives you the data for all the keys so no problem to create any of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Extraction tool works great but only with 60622718 immo (smd version) and can't extract codes from older yellow immo version 60617707 (DIL version).
Anyone know how to resolve it and how to extract key codes from older version?
Interesting is that new immo is replacement OEM part of old version and both can be installed at our Gtv/Spider without problem.

I have got dump from these two different version and noted that memory organization is totally different.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Extraction tool works great but only with 60622718 immo (smd version) and can't extract codes from older yellow immo version 60617707 (DIL version).
Anyone know how to resolve it and how to extract key codes from older version?
Interesting is that new immo is replacement OEM part of old version and both can be installed at our Gtv/Spider without problem.

I have got dump from these two different version and noted that memory organization is totally different.
I know how to get the key logic from the 60617707 version too, but since my programming skills is kind of limited I havn't implemented that in the software.

The 93c46 of the old immobox (60617707) should be read as 8-bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is not a PIC reader :), it is a PROM reader that reads the memory of the receiver, where the unlock codes can be found.

And yes, when the unit is unlocked a new key can be added as described in the workshop manual. Which is protected programming, meaning, you have to unlock the receiver in order to add new keys.

hi, i m just tackling this problem and cant get pass dumping the eeprom. i dumped it but that decoder from theozauros cant decode it. i used ch341a and wiring for 93cxx 16 bit , later neoprogrammer to dump the bin. may i ask what was you procedure to get you success wihth codes. thanks and regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm trying to read the 60617707 dump file, does anyone know where's the info? By logic I did the following, I'm assuming this is right, the only key that I have is the KEY 1 and matches, no master or second key! the last 2 bytes from the key I did the checksum.

Is this right?

Can I read the pin code to? Maybe the "21 6D" bytes in decimal?

Thanks!

P.S. in the key code is writen in reverse, and 80 21 2C bytes are static in the key, also the 2 last bytes on the key are the checksum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm trying to read the 60617707 dump file, does anyone know where's the info? By logic I did the following, I'm assuming this is right, the only key that I have is the KEY 1 and matches, no master or second key! the last 2 bytes from the key I did the checksum.

Is this right?

Can I read the pin code to? Maybe the "21 6D" bytes in decimal?

Thanks!

View attachment 950004

P.S. in the key code is writen in reverse, and 80 21 2C bytes are static in the key, also the 2 last bytes on the key are the checksum!
OK its like that..just solve it recently...i read it with ch341a and dumped it with neoprogrammer 2.1.0.19... so the problem accurs when you try to decode it with Alfa Romeo N67 Dump Decoder. i must say that addresses are totaly corect but decoder is swaped...what that meas that you have to go back to neoprogrammer or asprogramer (they are same) and read it again and after read press"swap" and then save it. and voila decoder reads correct values. reminder reminder reminder....your dump file wont be correct if you try to readit on 24/25 mode...in neorprogrammer you have adapter scheme how to do the wiring for 93LC46B eeprom . hope you will tackle it through.
regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's your immobox part number? 60617707?
thanks mate but i solved it... trw 6.03059 reciever...read the post below i posted .........
OK its like that..just solve it recently...i read it with ch341a and dumped it with neoprogrammer 2.1.0.19... so the problem accurs when you try to decode it with Alfa Romeo N67 Dump Decoder. i must say that addresses are totaly corect but decoder is swaped...what that meas that you have to go back to neoprogrammer or asprogramer (they are same) and read it again and after read press"swap" and then save it. and voila decoder reads correct values. reminder reminder reminder....your dump file wont be correct if you try to readit on 24/25 mode...in neorprogrammer you have adapter scheme how to do the wiring for 93LC46B eeprom . hope you will tackle it through.
regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh actually I'm working withe the key code, from the transponder chip, and you with the remote!!! With the remote I built a brute force arduino thing, and it did 0001 0002... when the arduino read the remote receiver led as valid it would send by serial so I went to sleep and on the morning there was the code!

·
Registered
200 Posts
thanks mate but i solved it... trw 6.03059 reciever...read the post below i posted .........
regards
I've never used asprogrammer, but curious what the 'swap' button is that made it work on my dump decoder. I'd love to update the instructions to save the next person some time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never used asprogrammer, but curious what the 'swap' button is that made it work on my dump decoder. I'd love to update the instructions to save the next person some time.
HI, "swap" just swap high and low values in hex....you dont need to correct you decoder actually just use my instructions above so the next person can fallow it and be extra careful because of it on the scheme of wiring the ch341a in a correct way so it can read old 93LC46B eeprom. by my opinion is harder getting the dump file and get to the point when one can use your decoder so the right steps are crucial because you can fry usb port on comp, eprom or something in else on the way. FIRST DUMP YOU READ MUST BE SAVED AT ONCE so you have something to work with if worst case scenario occurs. another thing...you can use any dump from any car...per example if make a mistake and it is lost or you you have a new unprogrammed key you can use, let say, my dump and flash it on eprom, then i have to give code for my key, so you can edit the hex, install it back in the car and unlock it with my code, when unlocked you can introduce new key, take it out and read the dump again, new codes of are added on the end for third and fourth key address , then just copy (move) them on the address for first and second key and third and fourth address should be rewritten with zeroes to avoid awkward situation if we by any chance park together in front of caffe and one key onlocks two cars :D ...anyway i hope this helped, regards

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, on my car I needed to shift keys around so that the alarm was correctly enabled and disabled (you can't program new keys when the alarm is active, but cannot deactive the alarm unless you have a programmed key, you can though program a new key if you disconnect the alarm, but then its out of sync).

When you are talking about swapping high and low values do you mean the endianess? Could you send me a copy of the files before you swapped the values and after?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts