Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final touches in putting car together after winter of slowly investigating parts of the car I had not attended to. Need some advice on fitting the exterior windscreen trim and wiper motor cover.
Base of windscreen has 7 clips (like these: GL016 SPIDER SCREEN TRIM RETAINING CLIP - Classic Alfa ).
Obviously the chrome trim lower slides inbetween the upper two prongs and the lower prong.
But does the wiper motor cover slide inbetween the same or underneath the lower single prong.
Tried both and does not seem quite right either way!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
"Obviously the chrome trim lower slides inbetween the upper two prongs and the lower prong."

first, the wiper cover itself (or 'cowl' as it is known) slips in under the two upper prongs (trying not to scratch the cowl paint, which is near impossible!)....I always spray a little cavity wax on these to hinder rust, and it adds as a lubricant somewhat)
When the cowl is slid fully into all of these clips, the two prongs still poking up are then used for the chrome strip to clip "onto".
Sliding the cowl in is not that easy either because it has to also clear the wiper spindles sticking up.

It is a finicky job getting it all together, as you get one side of the chrome strip in and the other side pops out. Having 2 people is useful to hold one side in whilst the other side is done, and then fit the two outer holding screws (though I have done it alone a few times....usually cursing a little along the way;))
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Windshield Trim Issue
Dom

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dom - that is really useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts