Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Giulietta (2011) has always (whilst I have owned it) had a loose exterior door lock. It appears that the garage I bought it from a couple of years ago glued it to the door and the glue has stopped working.

The handle and lock work s fine.

Now it appears that the torx bolt (from what I've read) under the grommet of the door frame itself is missing. It's simply not there. I can remove the lock itself by withdrawing straight from the door, then remove the handle in the normal way. My question is, I can't see what the bolt would fasten to, or if something is missing from the backside of the door. Does anyone have a parts diagram or a clear picture of what the bolt screws into? Then i can work out what I need to repair the lock correctly rather than what the bodgers did.

Thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe it is a two piece clamp that bolt goes into....i know this as when i unscrewed bolt on my handle the clamp fell into the door panel so i ended up using sealant to hold door lock in...this is what i suspect has happened to your handle clamp...out of interest how do you remove the door handle once you take off the lock mechanism as i could not get it free of door...
I think you could get a clamp from breakers yard to replace and i think any car would have a similar clamp mechanism so dont struggle looking for a guilietta..

·
Registered
328 Posts
I too did exactly the same as the above. In theory the screw should be impossible to undo all the way as it has a stopper on the inside, however if you haven't got the lock part properly in place when tightening it, it can be lost in the door, as what happened to me. Essentially the screw clamps the look in place - that's it, you shouldn't be missing anything. I managed (with my father in laws help) make a long enough screw that once tightened, sits just inside the rubber grommet (about 60mm long from memory)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts