Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be very grateful for advice.
I purchased my 04 plate 156 with 37K on the clock and service history, in June of last year from a non Alfa dealer. It came with a 12 month RAC Warranty. The warranty covers virtually everything except "serviceable" items up to a value equivalent to the current Glasses value of the vehicle.
I had a few items corrected in the first couple of months,Thermostat, 2 x MAF, Replacement steering column switch cluster, and since then, fortunately, no problems.
With the warranty about to run out, I have received an invitation to re-new at a cost of £195 for a further 12 months, but, with a limit on the value of each and every claim limited to £1000.
Present mileage is 46K.
Having read of so many horror stories on this forum, I am inclined to go for the renewal of the Warranty.
What do others think?

·
Registered
355 Posts
if it states in the T&C's that it doesnt cover wear and tare keep clear mate,, they seem to put everything down to that these days:(

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I know! Failed MOT yesterday due to play between track rod and steering rack connection.
After 30 minutes argument with Warranty provider, they will not cover this they say "wear & tare"!
You were right fluffysqueek.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wear and tear after 46K miles - I wouldnt be to happy with that for a steering rack but just shows how warranty companies will do all they can to avoid paying out.
Warranty is an insurance like any others it covers breakages,the key word from the op is excessive play which has been created by wear,
if it had snapped in half then it would have broke and therfore been covered.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The best value for money policy imo is the AA Breakdown Warranty

It only covers you if you break down, ie MAF dies and the car is undriveable/turbo goes/electrics die e.t.c and the claim is limited to £500 per claim, but then it only costs £65 plus the cost of normal AA breakdown.

Used this on my first ever Alfa and covered the cost of a new turbo :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts