Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Admin, I wasn't sure which thread this should go in so please feel to move accordingly)
I'm in the process of selling one of my other cars and the guy who is buying it is coming from France and will subsequently be taking it to France with him.

I'm fully aware of all the scams that are around so will not release the car until I have pound notes delivered into my bank account at my local branch but my concerns are as follow.

My first question is do I need to do anything other than complete the green part of the v5 certificate and give him a receipt. Are there any other forms etc I will need to complete ?

Also I currently have a private plate on the car and as he is going abroad it will not be of use so I have agreed to knock a few quid off and I will retain it. Is there anything I need to do, how could I do this if he buys the car and wants to take it away, could I let him have it then sort the paperwork out later, is that a possibility ?

Hope someone on here can helps I really would appreciate
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
198 Posts
Try this for the plate issue if looking to retain the number:
DVLA Personalised registrations

Try this if you want to transfer to another car:
DVLA Personalised registrations

I would have thought that you need to sort the plate out before selling the car.

When selling you complete Sections 6 and 10 of the Reg document with new keepers details as you would normally. You then get the new keeper to complete section 11 with the date they intend to export and sign and date the declaration.

You should then detach section 11 only and pass the remainder of the Registration Doc to the new keeper.

You the need to notify DVLA in writing that you have disposed of the vehicle. The notification should contain:
Vehicle details
Vehicle make and model
Date of transfer
Full name and address of the new keeper

Send section 11 and your letter to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts