1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody ,
I want to disable AWD system on my Q4 ,
yes ,you are hearing right :)
Awd system working well on my car ,no problem ,but Im drive this car especially rear wheel or maybe front .
Have any idea ?
For example :
if I remove the only shaft ? all the power goes the front wheels without any problem ? or AWD (central diff ) has a trouble ?

Has anybody talking to evocars barry for about this idea ?

Friends ,I need realy technical answer .

Possible :Why ?
Inpossible : Why ?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I don't own a Q4, but I would say that if you just disconnect drive to either the front or rear wheels, you will get reduced power to the wheels as the 4wd system is a 60/40 split is it not. So you would only get 60% or 40% drive to the road wheels. You would probably need a new diff of some description to drive the wheels of your choice.

Marlon

·
Registered
377 Posts
May sound silly but fitting a Dedra turbo gearbox/diff perhaps...they were basically an 8valve inte engine and front wheel drive....????

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmmm. The central differential is an epicyclic gear (planetary gearng) which transmitts the torque 47% front and 53% rear. If you remove the driveshafts from one axle the driving torque on that axle wants to accelerate the outgoing shafts extremely fast as they have almost no inertia. Meanwhile the Ferguson Visco clutch tries to prevent the speed difference to arise between front and rear axle. Consequence: The visco clutch will burn in hell!

Solution: Weld the epicyclic gear so that it can't counter-rotate.

J

·
0 Posts
Just out of interest...

It would be possible to conver the Q4 in a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car???

Which mods would be involved??

It would be nice such a drift machine....

F

·
0 Posts
probably the best way would be to cut up a 75.. the tunnel is already there so the 75 running gear may fit (just a guess though)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everybody,

Result is NEGATIF ...
I was trying yesterday ,I remove the shaft than make road test .
Yes awd system want to send all power empty side , Q4 has %47 front - %53 rear wheel ,but when you remove the shaft all the power LOSS ! maybe take only %10 power at the front wheel drive , %90 power loss !!
Than I reconnect the shaft :(

So ,if I found a tipo 2000 16V gear box ,maybe it can be goes front wheel drive
BUT I want to REAR wheel ,not front ,I want to drifting ,I want to break free :)

Finally : Mission Complete. (I can use only AWD)

J

·
0 Posts
Hi, M8!

In my opinion is worthless to convert the Q4 to Front Wheel Drive if you are looking for having good time with the car. I personally didn't like FWD at all. OK, its safe and fairly economical for the factory, but RWD is more fun to play with.
Best thing will be to make the Q4 Rear Wheel Drive or otherwise keep it as STD, i.e. 4WD, which is also a lot of fun...but we cannot DRIFT!!!

F

·
0 Posts
Hold on.. the Q4 is biased to the rear, so keep your foot on the gas & the back will come out (if you don't run out of road first wink )

·
Registered
106 Posts
On wet roads I can do very nice drift angles with my 33P4 - with AWD engaged and much less power than a 155 Q4.

J

·
0 Posts
man you like a tough question dont you..!!!!!

im gona have to think about this one and get out the technical drawings of the gearbox.

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry, thats the size I received. Save it and increase the image size, its just about possible to see the text.

wrinx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts