Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I took my bella (156 sillyspeed) to the dent doctor yesterday.

He charge A$180 to remove 3 dents.
2 Door shopping dents and a dent near the fuel tank - probably another shopping centre accident.......

I also have a dent on the bonnet which is harder to remove..... about $100- in itself..... it is a bend on the lines.....

Anyhow to remove the dents this guy uses a special metal stick to push them out.... very clever guy.... in order to do this they firstly had to remove lights.....etc...

This guy also fixed my passenger trim - the panel from the roof to the dash.... when the sunroof was dealer fitted they never put this panel back in properly - when they fitted the sunroof drain....

SO pleased it is now fixed........

·
Registered
224 Posts
You in the US? There's a company in the UK called Dentmaster / Chipsaway which does a similar thing which was featured in an episode of the "Fifth Gear" motoring TV programme.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
My uncle used to be a panel beater, he took loads of dents out of my old uno with the wooden handle of a screwdriver. On the back of the panel he just rubbed it and rubbed it, apparently this causes it to heat up makes it more malleable and easier to fix.

Anyhow it worked cos the dings went in no time at all.

·
Administrator
60,439 Posts
The dent guy here charged me $125. and found 4 dents.

On my alfa he couldn't fix the dent so he didn't charge me for all his time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts