Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this a few weeks ago, I really liked it, but website doesn't even tell you how big the screen is which I thought was a bit sxxx; would err on side of cool car gadget still though !

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
After a few runs, you'd get bored surely?

Be better if you could rent/borrow one, see what the limits/performance is, then give it back.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a few runs, you'd get bored surely?

Be better if you could rent/borrow one, see what the limits/performance is, then give it back.
I dont think I could ever get bored with the lateral G gauge ... !:lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the single cable connection.

Could be cool if you could think of a nice place to install it.
(i.e. not stuck to the windscreen.)

The videos on the site give you an idea of size.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Nothing really that new though is it? Just as easy to plug your laptop in and do most of those tests, fair enough you would need an external accelerometer device to measure G-force, but to be honest it would get pretty dangerous pretty quick when trying to beat previous bests!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing really that new though is it? Just as easy to plug your laptop in and do most of those tests, fair enough you would need an external accelerometer device to measure G-force, but to be honest it would get pretty dangerous pretty quick when trying to beat previous bests!!
Is looking for an alfa embroidered 'g' suit ..... :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Personally I reckon this could be quite cool, for a while at least, You can however buy an iPhone application (which uses the phones inbuilt accelerometer, much like this gadget) that does all the estimated bhp dyno stuff, 0-60, quater mile, lap timing, lateral G's, Braking G's and skidpan G's (in 16 directions) etc for £7.49 the app is called Dynolicious, although I do have the iPhone I dont have this app (was strongly considering buying it, but I don't have anywhere or anything to provide a suitable stable mounting position for the phone in my car), but it is supposedly pretty good and accurate if set up correctly.

I would be interested in this VI gadget if I could be gauranteed that the diagnostic fault code reading, and clearing functions worked in a 156 GTA, as it says on the website that those functions are 'vehicle dependant' as I would like a fault code reader and clearer, but all the ones I have seen are pretty expensive in their own right, but coupled with the other functions of this device I would be pretty interested in buying one. I certainly can't justify going to an Alfa Stealer and paying around £50 just for them to plug in a laptop everytime I get an engine warning light and MCSF message! which is actually quite often, but I would like to get an idea of why my cars brain is so unhappy.

If anyone on here does have one of these VI's, and can verify that these diagnostic functions do work, I may buy one myself, unless somebody can recommend a decent stand-alone fault code reader and clearer that doesent cost too much, that is.

Cheers,
Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts