Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a great day playing in cars today - unfortunately the italians were not present :(

I got to drive each car for around half an hour. Weather was changeable but this gave real road experience, circa 500bhp and standing water focuses driving ability!

Cars out today from Killin to Oban and back - 2010 Ford Focus RS tuned to c380bhp, 2010 Nissan GT-R black edition, 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, 2010 Lotus Evora 2 V6 and an Audi R8 V8 2011? Really nice drives all, with differing favourites for everyone.

In contrast to what I have read elsewhere this was an easy going relaxed event in which I was encouraged to enjoy the cars using paddles (where present) if i felt like. I can only assume that negatives in this regard came from unsafe or incapable drivers - i certainly would limit such a drivers use if sat beside them in my car!

I had hoped for the Lamborghini Gallardo but maybe I will have to book again :) other motors are Ferrari 430, Aston Martin DB9, Ariel Atom, Caterham CSR and a Ferrari 360.

An Alfa 8C would be nice!

Recommended by me - Exhilarate Scotland (Call now: 01567 830261)

Prices can be negotiated - see group on or such for idea. Or call direct to discuss - I am not an employee or such, just a well satisfied petrolhead!

Dougie

·
Registered
114 Posts
I noticed a deal for them on GroupOn at the start of the year but didn't bother taking it up but have always had the idea in the back of my mind about going on one of these. Might just start looking at them again :)

Out of interest did you have anybody tagging along in another car? When I was thinking about it last time I was wondering whether the wife and lad would be able to follow us on the tour and meet up at the lunch stops etc..

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Worth going for it - I am sure you will enjoy.

Nobody tagging along - i doubt they could keep up ;) there were six of us on this tour with three staff members to keep us right. The nine of us grabbed some lunch (on them) and had a blether - part of the experience for me with petrolhead chat and a bit of sport in for good measure.

I would suggest choosing a week day - better chance of quieter roads. Monday for me, therefore my wife was working and my daughter at school.

My folks had got me the tour as a present - i took them upto Killin with me then left them with my car to tour about. They went over to Aberfeldy for a walk and some lunch then picked me up on the way back - we had a nice drive down and stopped in at Callander for tea and scones.

Easy relaxing nice day out :thumbs:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice one, glad you enjoyed it. Would probs be a weekday if I was to go for one of these so would probs be in the same position as yourself.
Will remember to post back if I book on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts