Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm just about to order a new cat back exhaust. I like the look of the Larini sports system and the Autodelta 2 port exhausts, but can't decide.

I don't want anything TOO noisy - does anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
The Autdelta ones are based on Raggazon, so defintely don't get the ones with the straight thru centre pipe, they are too noisey.
The silenced centre section is better, less chavvy.

Don't know about Larini.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
512 Posts
I am running the Ragazzon silenced centre section and rear silencer and i am very happy with it. Lovely note under WOT...

Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
I have a Ragazzon rear & centre exhaust fitted to my GTA.
here is a vid with sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeImIf7JtUQ
Good luck on your choice, have not heard one with the Larini sports system fitted, if you go for this one, can you post a short vid.
Cheers
Stu:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Phil_D said:
I am running the Ragazzon silenced centre section and rear silencer and i am very happy with it. Lovely note under WOT...

Phil
me 2 need. happy with the ragga. was oot with the dremel last nyt buffing my tailpipe!!!! oooh sire!!!!

well nice!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I called Larini but the 147 GTA exhaust is still under development.

I will avoid the straight through Autodelta exhaust as I don't want to be too conspicuous driving sround town.

I have now found these two Ragazzon items - the silenced centre section and rear silencer. Will these fit on the standard hangers? Will I need to order any other bits?

And will they be OK for MOT purposes?

http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=17287&substring=147+gta

http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=17307&substring=147+gta

I think I'll order these up - and I'll post a vid when they are installed.

Thanks for all your help!


Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,171 Posts
As long as it isn't leaking to the extent that it throws out the emissions readings then anything will pass an MOT.
Noise isn't really an MOT issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
Autdelta do the silenced one as well, but don't think its on their website.
Its actually a little dearer than the unsilenced one.
So if Gazella are cheaper for the silenced one than AD are for the unsilenced one you have a result.

Ecurie Ecosse said:
I will avoid the straight through Autodelta exhaust as I don't want to be too conspicuous driving sround town.

I have now found these two Ragazzon items - the silenced centre section and rear silencer. Will these fit on the standard hangers? Will I need to order any other bits?

And will they be OK for MOT purposes?

http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=17287&substring=147+gta

http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=17307&substring=147+gta

I think I'll order these up - and I'll post a vid when they are installed.

Thanks for all your help!


Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Foxie

The car is still in one piece - so far!

I've ordered up the Ragazonn silenced centre pipe and back box, and also an Autodelta air filter.

Hopefully, if it all arrives, I will get it fitted this Friday. Fingers crossed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Ecurie Ecosse said:
Hi Foxie

The car is still in one piece - so far!

I've ordered up the Ragazonn silenced centre pipe and back box, and also an Autodelta air filter.

Hopefully, if it all arrives, I will get it fitted this Friday. Fingers crossed!
Good Work......

You'll love the improved growl...:cool:

Post a Video when done......

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
I got an Autodelta twin pipe with straight thru pipe ( as on Autodelta website) fitted when I bought the car 4 months ago.
Its not that chavvy:D

Can't compare it to the standard as I've no experience if it but the Autodelta set up I've got really isn't that horrific! Has taken a couple of months (1500miles) to settle down though. its a little bit boomy below 1500rpm when cold is my only complaint

Anything's better than the standard rusty old box which was on it before!

Ideally the box should be finished in matt black so you can't see it thru the grill at the back
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Guy's
i'm only 24 so i like loud car's etc.
My question is why would someone mess with the standard system, i foun the sound of my GTA musical. I wouldn't want to make it louder.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
GTAowner said:
I just wish someone else made manifolds for GTA other than Supersprint, its really annoying.
Anything bad to say about the SuperSprint ? Was thinking about getting them fitted to my GTA, when I do have it, but I am interested in hearing about them so I don't make a bad decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,171 Posts
I think there are a few companies in Japan making GTA manifolds.
They will probably cost more than the Supersprint ones though.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top