Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone PLEASE point me in the direction of a manufacturer of exhaust pipes for 166s' or has anyone got one they want to sell

Just been quoted £385.81 + VAT for the tail section on a 3.0V6:cry:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've just had a Powerflow stainless system (Cat back) fitted for £300 + VAT by RSR in Croydon. Lifetime guarantee etc. The only downside seems to be if you insurance company wants extra for it.

Mike

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've got a brand new original back box section for a v6 166,I notice
you are located in Warwickshire,can't be far from me,I live just
outside Hinckley.
pm me if interested £200ish?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Powerflow did me a full system inc. downpipes for £400

·
Registered
42 Posts
Last year my car failed the MOT on a rotten centre box. I looked around for ages and there wasn't an awful lot of choice. I found these guys with a google search:

Alfa Romeo Exhaust, Sports Cat, Backbox, Performance Exhaust :: UK

And booked it in as the alfa parts were almost a grand. Despite what it says on the website I had a centre and rear box replacement, with an optional twin pipe (standard is single) to match the 3 litre one, for £260 inc vat and fitting. It is all stainless, guaranteed for life and custom made onsite. The reception staff and fitters are great and there's food drink and a TV in the waiting room. Mine took about 2 hours to do.

A word of warning - they custom tune the sound of the system. I asked for a "sporty rasp" and it's like a racing car! Not that I mind, of course ;-) but it does boom on the motorway and is kinda out of character. So if you want it relatively quiet you will have to ask for this. One look at the cars in there (all scoobies and saxos) should have warned me!

However, 1st rate service, lifetime guarantee and for only 260 notes, I can only recommend them.

Based in Walsall, about 5 mins off the M6

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Can someone PLEASE point me in the direction of a manufacturer of exhaust pipes for 166s' or has anyone got one they want to sell

Just been quoted £385.81 + VAT for the tail section on a 3.0V6:cry:
R,

I would go for the 2 rear Imasaf sections from 1 of the 3 german ebay shop retailers for around £200.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have just replaced my 166 exhaust rear section with a Ragazzon one, so if you want one I can sell you mine.. don't need it anyway, so if you pay the postage/shipping and a token fee of say GBP 50.. you can have my old one...

let me know.. my 166 had 80,000km when i removed it so it's in good nick..

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've just had a Powerflow stainless system (Cat back) fitted for £300 + VAT by RSR in Croydon. Lifetime guarantee etc. The only downside seems to be if you insurance company wants extra for it.

Mike
Was that the one at Fiveways, next to the limo place? I had my v6 done there and was £258 inc vat for a cat back, 3" dtm style tail pipe and is very quiet indeed, as I asked for that, has a nice burble at idle when the exhaust is hot and the outside temp is cold! :) Very pleased with it so far, have used them before and highly recomend them!

Dan

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Yes it was, sounds like I paid over the top, never mind I'm pleased with it.
Mike
Paid slightly more Mike but I don't think you were ripped off...Theres quality and quality.Perhaps your is better stainless steel.

My Imasafs were in real terms £200 for the rear sections with a 2 year warranty. But the whole system for £109 plus £30 carriage Now that was magic (Eventually):D
Pomeo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got a brand new original back box section for a v6 166,I notice
you are located in Warwickshire,can't be far from me,I live just
outside Hinckley.
pm me if interested £200ish?
Hi Viv, thanks for that, I work in Coventry, so not far away at all. Will be in touch over the weekend

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally Posted by mikealdren

Mike

Hi Mike -
You wouldn't happen to know what boxes they used would you (from your invoice)? My exhaust needs doing and a guy I just spoke with at RSR said I'd be looking at £350+VAT for a Powerflow system.
Thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
299 Posts
Zahid,

I had:

63mm 304 grade knuckle £10
170*300*21/4 SS £25
204*330*2 Centre/off S/S £28
265*410*21/4 CO SS £50
304 s/Steel gusset 6 off £12
t/pipe 3"*9" rnd incurl twin £30
Powerflow consumables £20
Labour £125

Mike

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes it was, sounds like I paid over the top, never mind I'm pleased with it.
Mike
I don't think you did mike, mine was in January this year, but called the day before, and it was more like the price you paid, took it in they looked at the old system, asked about the tail pipe etc. and then said £258, I thought I would have to add the vat to it, but that was including, must have had a lucky day!

I'm very pleased with it! Are you local to croydon then? Can't say i have seen another 166 about that way!?

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Zahid,

I had:

63mm 304 grade knuckle £10
170*300*21/4 SS £25
204*330*2 Centre/off S/S £28
265*410*21/4 CO SS £50
304 s/Steel gusset 6 off £12
t/pipe 3"*9" rnd incurl twin £30
Powerflow consumables £20
Labour £125 Noth

Mike
Gosh Mike ....Whats that in english?

I'm now glad I went for the imasaf....But next time if there is a next time i'll keep the above in mind.

Pomeo

NOT SO SURE NOW>THESE SS BABIES ARE GUID STUFF nothing wrong with Imasaf tho

1 - 20 of 23 Posts