Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own the car above with standard exhaust systems. could someone suggest to me what kind of exhaust systems that are suitable. i do love the sebring (dtm) muffler at the end. btw, i don't want it be loud. thanks

P

·
0 Posts
hi....on my 155 2.0 ts 16v, i have remus DTM at the end and the rest is supersprint. It sounds great..

·
0 Posts
Hi Bob,

I'm from Ipoh, Malaysia. I recently installed a generic stainless steel system on my 155 V6. 2.5" piping after the cat into a round bullet style muffler, 2.5" curve piping and into a small 2.5" rear muffler. They tried to sell me a muffler with a HUGE tip. I said I do not drive a Honda Civic or Proton Wira thanks!

Anyway it was LOUD! I hated it. I had it for one day and put back my stock rear muffler. Maybe it's because the V6 is just louder, but 2 small mufflers and a cat is simply not enough. Now with the modified center section (still wth the 2.5" piping) and stock rear muffler the sound is just nice. Although I intend to get a 2.5" LONG round rear muffler or have it custom made.

My bro has a 155 V6 with a DTM Supersprint system and it sounds nice. Another guy with a red 155 V6 has a remus rear end it sounds good too.

For V6 users, a LONG rear muffler is a must! The suspersprint muffler is as long as the stock one.

I think maybe the TS is not as sensitive, but be careful with muffler selection. And for the TS try to stay at 2.25" piping at max.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thks guys..and evo, if u must know, i'm in kl. any ideas on what a supersprint (complete setup) might cost in malaysia? and place?

S

·
0 Posts
Hey there,

I have a V6 and I think I have the answer for those of you who want a performance muffler that is also quiet.

I have just fitted a Dynomax UltraFlo muffler (Part No. 17278) to replace my V6’s back box. The original measured around 600(l) x 200(h) x 160(w) mm, and I replaced it with an oval UltraFlo muffler measuring 350 x 83 x 190mm. This is an absorption type muffler, that uses fibreglass packed around a perforated straight pipe. As the name suggests this allows exhaust gases to flow right on through. Their website www.dynomax.com has an area where you can listen to “before and after” sounds of cars with these systems. From this (and the fact that the UltraFlo box was heaps smaller) I got the impression I would end up with a nice LOUD exhaust that might also free up a horse or two.

I got it fitted yesterday (along with the springs Bob) and while my girlfriend reckons it sounds different, I personally can notice NO DIFFERENCE. I feel ripped off myself as I was wanting a deeper exhaust note that would make people turn and look at what was coming down the street. I now believe that a lot of the sound is suppressed further up in the system, as there are at least 3 more boxes – cats, mufflers, whatever – between the extractors and the big rear muffler. I now will look into replacing the cat and other boxes up to the muffler with a unfettered 2” pipe, leave the UltraFlo where it is and use a resonator right at the end.

But as I said, for those people wanting a performance exhaust without the noise, this seems to be ideal.

BTW, www.supersprint.com lists no distributors in Malaysia. However, that doesn't mean there aren't any, as I have found 2 here in NZ.

Cheers,

R

·
0 Posts
Has anyone had experience of owning an 8v and then a 16v 155 TS? I wonder just how different the exhaust systems are?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts