Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first time in the Welsh forums so take it easy on me :lol:

Thinking seriously about looking into a new exhaust, hate that tail box on my 147, sticks out like a sore thumb! I've had a poke around the forum and a CSC box seems like the right choice, any ideas where i'd go for one of those in Cardiff and how much it would cost including fitting?

Cheers, Guy

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
not sure of cardiff but LC Motors in Newport are fab, always take my babe2 there and so do some of the other guys on here, not sure if tsey will do the exhaust but ring and ask, tell them Tess gave you their number, ask for francis and you may get some discount......01633252892......:)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
no probs hun, let me know how you get on....if they cant do it they will know someone who does, my godson is a mechanic and a good one too, he may be able to help...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Got my stainless system from CIJ Wallsall well worth the travelling as it was excellent value for money. Rob(steelman) has also has a stainless steel exhaust for his 156 v6 but i can't remember where he had it from ?? Cardiff i think:confused:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
MIJ in Walsall :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive just had a new exhaust for my 147 GTA. I ended up getting a Powerflow from Welsh coast customs in Newport who did a great job at a good price! There is also prospeed in cardiff and longlife in Caerphilly which are also pretty good.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Thanks all for your responses, think im gunna go with MIJ in Wallsall (thanks tomfromtelford), their prices seem pretty reasonable according to their website, and excuse the ignorance, hardly a mechanic, but what's a cat-back?

Alfa Romeo Stainless Steel Exhaust Custom Built MIJ Performance Torque Flow System :: UK

Cheers, Guy

It's the system from your cat convertor back. My spider had 4 boxes from after cat back and now i have 2.
When you get there you are greeted by the technician who is doing the job.He takes you to the lift when the car is up and ready to be worked on and he then explains what he is going to do.We went for a walk into town and came back 1,5hrs later to find the car virtually ready. You have a waiting room with sky sports if you prefer to stay there and look through a window in to the bay to watch them work(well it is your baby isn't it)
When it's ready the technician will come and fetch you to have a look at his work(take the camera). keep the window down on the way home as the miles get on the sound get's better, at it's best after a week i reckon.

Good Luck:thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the system from your cat convertor back. My spider had 4 boxes from after cat back and now i have 2.
When you get there you are greeted by the technician who is doing the job.He takes you to the lift when the car is up and ready to be worked on and he then explains what he is going to do.We went for a walk into town and came back 1,5hrs later to find the car virtually ready. You have a waiting room with sky sports if you prefer to stay there and look through a window in to the bay to watch them work(well it is your baby isn't it)
When it's ready the technician will come and fetch you to have a look at his work(take the camera). keep the window down on the way home as the miles get on the sound get's better, at it's best after a week i reckon.

Good Luck:thumbs:
Sounds pretty sweet Llanrads, do you recommend having the cat back or just the back box, or does the cat back include the back box? Excuse the stupidity, im not good with the technical side of cars, just whether they look good or not :lol:

Cheers, Guy

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Well mine was pretty knackered and rusty from the cat back so it was a no brainer for me.
When you purchase the cat back it is all the way including your back box. I think your 147 has 2 boxes after the cat so these will be replaced. Mine were reduced to 2 boxes because it performs better with 2 (without getting technical). If you only get the back box fitted, the centre section will be the original mild steel and that could go with you in the near future so you will have to do it all over again.
If you are keeping the car go the full hog or even if you aint it's a good selling point.Can't remember if it's a lifetime or 10 yr guarantee, will have to check on my receipt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well mine was pretty knackered and rusty from the cat back so it was a no brainer for me.
When you purchase the cat back it is all the way including your back box. I think your 147 has 2 boxes after the cat so these will be replaced. Mine were reduced to 2 boxes because it performs better with 2 (without getting technical). If you only get the back box fitted, the centre section will be the original mild steel and that could go with you in the near future so you will have to do it all over again.
If you are keeping the car go the full hog or even if you aint it's a good selling point.Can't remember if it's a lifetime or 10 yr guarantee, will have to check on my receipt
Thanks, im gunna have to seriously look into it now, but I get where your coming from, I intend to keep my Alfa for at least 5 + years so I might as well go all out, guess that new iPhone will have to wait :lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Check e bay first. I had my system with a buy it now option with MIJ which was £250 all in this was last feb. It is a lifetime guarantee whilst you are the owner with a few exceptions, but this is transferable.

Hope this helps

Stef

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I had my old derv done there, it was a cat back dual exit system. If you go up you can pin them down in price on the day ;)

They will walk you through the sound you want. Mid sport is the most common choice. You can choose tip types as well. One thing is that I would make sure you ask to get the exhaust put on in sections, with proper connections not just welded, as it will cause problems if you ever want to remove for gear linkage or heat shied fixes.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a Ragazzon un-silenced centre section going cheap if you like, it'll be coming off my 147 in the next couple of weeks. I'm in London though so it'll be an excuse for a nice long drive!
PM me if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a cat back stainless exhaust with a lifetime garuantee for £280 with Welsh coast customs. Like the others you can choose what sound you want and what tailpipes and took them around 2 hours to complete.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hey Guy....
I had my cat back exhaust from long life in Caerphilly for my 156 and have been very pleased with the result!
I am about to have a new exhaust for my GTV and think I am gonna go with Prospeed in Cardiff... They are a lot cheaper than Longlife with the same Guarantee... And I have talked with some of the Maserati guys who have used Prospeed and are very pleased with the results!
Give Charlie a ring and see what he can do... You will save a bit on fuel costs then!

.... Rob....

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've heard Prospeed are good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts