Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a exhaust solenoid for the 2.2JTS, dealer is asking an rediculues price for it so i am searching for a cheeper solution.
Where can i order 1 cheeper and that delivers fast, thanks on forehand.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think the part could be probably be got from somewhere like Vauxhall and for a lot less, I think they are identical??

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the part could be probably be got from somewhere like Vauxhall and for a lot less, I think they are identical??
I know i called them and gave them this engine type "Z22YH" but he couldnt do mutch with it, started to ask what car its in etc so it got me no where so i thought lets order it online with some help of fellow Alfistis that know a good adres.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here's a link to where I bought mine from:

OEM VAUXHALL INSIGNIA CAMSHAFT POSITION VALVE SOLENOIDS - 12655420+12655421 | eBay

Genuine GM parts and have been in the car for well over a year with no problems, but I see the price has almost doubled since I bought mine!
The GM part numbers are in the listing, so if the price is too high (it is for both solenoids, not just one!) you can at least use the numbers to look elsewhere!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my case a faultcode and a burning engine light. its off now.

But when they are faulty then you can have performance issues, codes for the solenoids are P0013 and P0014 (intake and exhaust)

·
Registered
235 Posts
The trouble with the cheap ten squid ones are from China and most of us know that sometimes Chinese items are fine and sometimes there garbage have you tried cleaning the solenoid in petrol?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i did that, used brake cleaner but its on its end.
The nock (Not sure if that is the right word) of the solenoid where the connector clicks on is broken of so i glued it on for now .
So its intermitend now (fault) engine light goes out without me resetting the faultcode.
That is how the OBDII system works when the fault isnt fatal, will clear it after 3 times ignition on when the fault isnt present.

And i bought an original GM solenoid for €78,- not a Chinese one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts