Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an annoying rattle on start up on my twin spark spider. I have checked the heat shield and battery bracket (thanks to previous posts) but these were fine. Had an ATS guy look at the exhaust and diagnosed loose honeycomb in the back box. Had it replaced today and the rattle at start up is still there. Any ideas? Ps will be taking it back to ATS on Monday!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
If the exhaust is not hitting the underside then it must be 1 of the other boxes.

I have a stainless steel cat back system at a good price.

Check out the link in my signature.................................v

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all, I have an annoying rattle on start up on my twin spark spider. I have checked the heat shield and battery bracket (thanks to previous posts) but these were fine. Had an ATS guy look at the exhaust and diagnosed loose honeycomb in the back box. Had it replaced today and the rattle at start up is still there. Any ideas? Ps will be taking it back to ATS on Monday!
This is a common problem. There is a bracket that holds the exhaust to the body between the cat and engine that comes loose because the rubber in the mount has deteriorated and the whole yhing becomes loose. This item just needs to be removed. Their is no detriment to removing it and not replacing it. Had mine removed about three months ago. A 5 minute job once the car is raised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts