Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry everyone for yet another exhaust question :(

Quick one though:

My car has standard system on it, which is basically three silencer boxes. If I have the centre section replaced with a straight through section, will it make the exhaust louder by a considerable margin, i.e. will it turn into a Sunday Night McDonalds special? Or is it liveable? I want to release some of the noise.

Would a smaller centre silencer be better?

Cheers All

Ben

P.s. I have searched can't seem to find a definitive answer :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the Group N center pipe installed for a very short period of time some weeks back.
My exhaust system is otherwise standard except for a Remus backbox.
The Ragazzon unsilenced centerpipe sounds fantastic when firing the engine up and at low revs it sounds like a 8C... well almost ;-), but hitting the throttle makes the sound over loud and very annoying.
Great at idle and low speed, annoying and extremely boomy on highways etc. – it really hurts your ears at high speed.
I wouldn't recommend it without the box!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry everyone for yet another exhaust question :(

Quick one though:

My car has standard system on it, which is basically three silencer boxes. If I have the centre section replaced with a straight through section, will it make the exhaust louder by a considerable margin, i.e. will it turn into a Sunday Night McDonalds special? Or is it liveable? I want to release some of the noise.

Would a smaller centre silencer be better?

Cheers All

Ben

P.s. I have searched can't seem to find a definitive answer :(
Just to throw my bit in.
Standard set up with Ragazzon straight through center and alfaholics rear. Sounds good but beware!!
My power doesn't kick in til the last 2 thousands revs. Got to hammer it everywhere now to feel the benefit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive just got the alfaholics sports exhaust back section - no probs with mine. bit more oomph and a bit more sound. not boomy or deafening.....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have a new stainless steel exhaust system with just one centre box and pipe upto the tail. It is pretty loud, and was measured at around 90db's, the legal limit in this country is 120db.
It growls at idle revs and sounds pretty mental if you floor it. However, I can still cruise with just a subtle rumble in the background if I apply less gas. Its certainly not everyones cup of tea but I love it now its done!

Will get some videos made up this weekend and let you hear and judge for yourslves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts