Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK MY EXHAUST HAS SPLIT AT REAR BOX. :(
HAS ANY BOBY REPLACED THERES RECENTLY??
WHATS THE REAR SECTION GUNNA COST ME .. DOES ANYBODY KNOW. :confused:
WHAT **** ME OFF IT DONT LOOK TO OLD. ITS SPLIT USUAL PLACE END OF A SILENCER :eek:
I COULD WELD IT IF PRICE TO DEAR..
IF THEY PUT A SMALL SUPPORT FROM PIPE TO SILENCER
THE WHO SYSTEM WOULD LAST TWICE AS LONG. :rolleyes:
BUT NOT SO GOOD FOR AFTERSALES...
AM I RIGHT.
WHAT ABOUT THESE PRICES THEN LADS.
:D DANEROUS DAVE :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my exhaust is one whole system form Cat back... that'll cost about 180 from ATS, there's other systems that are in separate peices... i ain't got a clue about them...

superspint should be availble for this task... about £250 for a twin dtm end (luvverly :D )

J

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
yeah, about 200 to 250 should do it UNLESS you buy the one I`ve got for sale :D :D

It is from a 2.0v 8v but cant be too different. If you can weld then its a real winner because the only difference that there may be is the mount point. I only want a few quid for it and it sound really good on the car (looks good too!).

Check out the "For Sale" section a month or two back to find a full description.

Let me know what you think!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got an aftermarket one for £200 fitted.

Before that I had been welding it up for about two years, it started blowing at 40,000 miles!!!

The 8V exhaust has a triangular flange to fit the CAT end, the 16V is a sleeve fit. Think they are the same apart from that.

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Check the for sale section of the site. I've got a full stainless system with cat and cat replacement pipe in Sheffield for £250, but someone is already interested in it.
First come, first served though!! :rolleyes:
Rear boxes are done for the 155 by Supersprint, Remus and Peco (mild steel)

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Oy Henry - is that you pinching my trade! :p

My rear box is yours for £20.

Erm... that doesn`t sount right... :rolleyes:

Someone please buy it or its going in the bin and that would be a shame...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I won't let anyone near my rear box for £20! It costs more as it is a nice big bore and could take two standard sized ones at once!

Is this what this forum has come down to now or is it just me :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you start talking about hot pipes, lengths and rear boxes what do you expect?? :p wink

wrinx

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Seems to have frightened D.Dave away, though :(

At least we didn`t get onto shiny ends...

Oh God - I`m stopping NOW!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
post mid 96 16v has flange again
last time i replaced mine pre 96 16v exhaust was easy to come by at about £200 but couldn't get one for mine anywhere other then dealer.
situation probably better now.
wrinx:
I got an aftermarket one for £200 fitted.

Before that I had been welding it up for about two years, it started blowing at 40,000 miles!!!

The 8V exhaust has a triangular flange to fit the CAT end, the 16V is a sleeve fit. Think they are the same apart from that.

wrinx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts