Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silencer needed for 1996 ph1 spider, the one after the cat, AR174W i believe.
Mine is shot and making some noise!!!:lol:
Used but decent would be welcome.
Pre xmas buy, just what i need!:wow:

Many thanks
Barry

·
Registered
236 Posts
:lol:

Personally I'm going to buy a new one, and at £86 with free postage it looks a good deal. I was going to get a used one the other day but the deal appears to have fallen through and in my mind I keep saying buying used is a bad move with an exhaust anyway so I'm quite pleased. You cant see the condition of a exhaust inside so you dont know if its rusty or not so you think you are saving money but are you? gamble, but ok if you can get it for peanuts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Actually going back and looking at this auction, this isnt the bit we both need, AR174W is the small muffler after the cat which then bolts to the middle section. Why Alfa couldnt have just made these two bits in one is beyond, but its all about the dollar. This auction is for the middle section I believe that bolts to the backbox.

This is AR174W
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV-2-0-Exhaust-Centre-Box-AR174W-/290452029681?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a04a40f1

·
Registered
948 Posts
I should have a decent one of those boxes surplus after next Monday as I'm ditching it to fit this: Once its off I'll give it a once over and post on here if anyone is still interested?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have a decent one of those boxes surplus after next Monday as I'm ditching it to fit this: Once its off I'll give it a once over and post on here if anyone is still interested?
Wow that could be the way to go, will be interested in your surplus one as a temp measure though, thanks;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
The pipe replaces the small muffler, the rest of my exhaust is a Powerflow stainless system taken from a V6 which is why I am removing the small mild steel box.

JimmyCoupe has PM'd me and has 1st option on the box, I'll repost as things progress next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pipe replaces the small muffler, the rest of my exhaust is a Powerflow stainless system taken from a V6 which is why I am removing the small mild steel box.

JimmyCoupe has PM'd me and has 1st option on the box, I'll repost as things progress next week.
Don't wish to complain, but, It was my thread!!!!:wow:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sorry bout that Barry, but JC was superfast with the PM...I reckon he must be MI5 or something!

:thumbs: I'll give you 2nd option if the deal with JC goes pear shaped...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why not replace this box with a straight through pipe.. I replaced mine with a pipe because of clearance???
One of the sports exhaust companies (sorry cant remember which) does one for about £60...]
I made mine from a CAT bypass pipe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts