Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I put a home made de-cat pipe eek! on my 2.0 16V not long ago. Scince then the flexible joint on the downpipes has started leaking. Its an integral part of the down pipe section and my local exhaust type place has quoted me unhappy - £300. eek! They also said its gone because the decat pipe doesn't have flexible flanges - they're ridgidly welded on :rolleyes: . Is this true? Does anyone know? And does anyone have a downpipe section they'd like to sell? If so how much?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flexible flanges.....how did you miss that one Marlon :D

Far as I know they are welded and solid???? Whats the difference between a cat and any other bit of exhaust (except the price!!!)

The flexible bit does the job instead, its probably just gone with age/use.

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 3 bolt flange on the cat that bolts to the downpipes isn't welded on. The flange is slid on then the pipe is flared at the end to take an olive that sits between the two flared ends of the pipe. The monkey at the tyre and exhaust place was arguing that this gives a degree of flexibility that my welded flange arragement lacked. I think he's wrong but hey I'm not often right.

Either way I need new down pipes. Alfa part No: 60626895 Isd anyone breaking a 155 with this type of downpipe? Its the one with the 3 hole flange at the end. Not the 2 hole one.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrinx, I know I messed you about last time I asked you for bits, but will the downpipes of the black 16V your breaking fit?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Chris, mine is an 8v widebody........wonder if Tim (Hayes) can help, did anyone buy the complete exhaust from him?

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent him a PM asking about thast but if anyone else can help........... Please! I don't want to have to cancel buying a new mountain bike (so I can get my lardy backside into shape) because I've got to spend another 210 squid on the car!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wrinx:
Flexible flanges.....how did you miss that one Marlon :D

wrinx
Damn......was too busy listening to a burd I work beside talking about her new JUICER !!! :p :rolleyes:

Marlon

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats wrong with flexible flanges? Do you lot have a problem with a bit of flange?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts