Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may recall my previous posts I have been looking for a new exhaust. Well I ordered a Raggazon back box and centre section. They are on the car now and Im really pleased with the results. The exhaust fits the original mountings perfectly and looks stunning. The twin pipes are 80mm in diameter so they are slightly larger than the original but fit the recess in the bumper with no modification or cutting at all.

The sound it produces is simply awesome. It idles with a deeper note than the original alfa exhaust but when cruising I think it is slightly quieter. However, give the engine some revs and the V6 screams. The noise at 6000 revs is stunning, really cultured, you can hear the italian pedigree. Its really hard to describe but makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. The car seems to rev easier in the mid and top end now and has given the car an extra 'oomph'.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
How much was that bad boy........could you take some pics so we can see the whole of the rear car! I want one now

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill take some tomorrow now as the light is fading. Its a real quality piece of kit. I owe the missus a load of favours now:lol: I told her it was 250 but you can double that!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
If you dont give me your back box...............im gonna tell her and you knw that will be worth more then £500..................Is that for a full system?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your experience with the Raga on the 166 matches mine, except that I haven't noticed any overrun crackle and pop. :(

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Very nice MLC :cool: - Add a wee video so that sound can be heard.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I've got a stainless Longlife/Powerflow system and the overun is great. Bangs and pops like a beauty! I've got another system I bought off PuntoDan's breaker and I'm going to try that soon so my old system may be up for grabs soon as a bit of cheapie...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
If it pops & bangs on over-run you've probably got an air leak somwhere...

Glad you like the Ragazzon though! They do fit like they should, don't they. I've had more than enough aftermarket stuff like this, that is a pig to fit or isn't even close to fitting. Real pleasure to install.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm thinking of fittind the very same to my 2.4 JTD.

Is it a lot noisier that the stock exhaust ?Having a busso engine might not be a problem for you,but for me driving a tractor I wouldn't want just to have the whistles and no action. :(

·
Vendor
45,289 Posts
I'm thinking of fittind the very same to my 2.4 JTD.

Is it a lot noisier that the stock exhaust ?Having a busso engine might not be a problem for you,but for me driving a tractor I wouldn't want just to have the whistles and no action. :(
A catback exhaust won't make your car sound much different at all. If you get rid of the cat as well you might get a bit more of a petrol-like burble when driving. But it'll never be loud, the turbo is an excellent silencer as it chops up all the pulses of exhaust gasses from each cylinder and feeds out a much smoother stream of exhaust gasses.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts