Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I hope you can help with a bit of advice...my exhaust front section snapped just ahead of the Cat today, luckily it happened as I parked up outside my house (don't know what the neighbours thought though as the car sounds like a jumbo jet). Its a phase 2 Tspark. :cry:

I've had the car recovered to a local exhaust fitting centre and it's parked outside waiting for them to open tomorrow morning...I'd like to be prepared with a bit of knowledge so I'm not ripped off!

Is it the whole front section that needs to be replaced?

Are GTV exhaust parts easy for generic exhaust fitting outlets to get (anybody had this section replaced?)

Any idea of how much the front section might cost? I need it done tomorrow as I'm off from Derby to Wales on Saturday for a long weekend. Gulp!

Cheers

Padraig

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Exhaust replacement Spider/GTV

I had my complete system from the manifold back, including cat, replaced recently. The job was done by my local Protyre depot, who were very good. They sourced the system from a distributor in Chester, they said, by the time they got it to the Isle of Wight and fitted it, it cost me £750. However, it is excellent quality, fits well, looks good and there are no blows or rattles. They told me that because it took them so long to fit, they only made a few quid on the job! And the supplier sent them a few wrong bits to start with, so in all they had the car for a week. My car is a 2001 P2 Spider 916 TS Lusso.

J

·
0 Posts
kwik fit.....and the likes of them will charge you the earth i would imagine, and to be honest the work they will turn out will not be of a good quality, sorry if any members are/have been/ know someone who is a exhaust fitter but my experience has never been good....

have a look at you local longlife or powerflow centres, both wil make you a stainless system at possibly a more competitive price and will last longer

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update from me. They called me and said the whole system was rotten (mmm) and needed to be replaced...it had been fine and not blowing anywhere until yesterday. They wanted £600 exc the CAT. So as a stop gap measure I asked fro the front pipe to be replaced and the old system put back on. They did this at a cost of £160, and now the exhaust sounds like it's blowing from a number of locations. I wonder where all the new holes came from???

Anyway, I'm going to have a look on Ebay as I spotted a 'CAT back' deal a while back...think it was stainless from somewhere near Walsall...anyone know the one I mean?

Thanks for your replies.

P

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi,
I just drove from London to Walsall on Thursday to get me exhaust done there as I couldn't find anyone decent in London... It's called MIJ performance (Stainless Steel Exhausts, Custom Built Bespoke T304 Performance Exhaust Systems :: UK) and they were very professional and good. Full sport cat back system cost £320 fitted. Great value - they offer different options so you can have sport/semi-sport etc. Different choices of tips as well. Plus, they have a tv with sport on it and a food van to cater for lunch. AND the town (although pretty scummy) is only about 10 minutes away. I tried to go shopping but got a little scared off by the chavs and scummers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts