Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a huge amount of videos on youtube of Alfa 159's with non standard exhausts sounding quite tasty! Have you had your exhaust changed? How much roughly does it cost? Have you uploaded a video to youtube, if you have can you post a link so we can check it out!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have seen a huge amount of videos on youtube of Alfa 159's with non standard exhausts sounding quite tasty! Have you had your exhaust changed? How much roughly does it cost? Have you uploaded a video to youtube, if you have can you post a link so we can check it out!
Recently fitted Wizards (rear sections) on my 2.4, deep tone, sound lovely.
Rest of the system untouched. Good build quality and price; would recommend them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have Wizard back boxes on my 2.4. They fill the gaps nicely, not Subaruish at all. They give a nice deep sound, I have a sonic boom at about 3000rpm which I love even though it only lasts a second. Absolutely no drone whilst cruising so don't be worrying about that. It's barely discernible from oem whilst cruising and a couple of times I've turned my head in my local town to see what the car is with the nice sound only to see its my wife driving the 159.

I have a couple of vids on YouTube, just search Alafa 159 2.4 wizard back boxes.

I had mine fitted at Autolusso, but anyone can fit them, just make sure they line them up properly so they sit central in the bumper cut outs. They're around £250.

Reactions: Matt Pateman

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have Wizard back boxes on my 2.4. They fill the gaps nicely, not Subaruish at all. They give a nice deep sound, I have a sonic boom at about 3000rpm which I love even though it only lasts a second. Absolutely no drone whilst cruising so don't be worrying about that. It's barely discernible from oem whilst cruising and a couple of times I've turned my head in my local town to see what the car is with the nice sound only to see its my wife driving the 159.

I have a couple of vids on YouTube, just search Alafa 159 2.4 wizard back boxes.

I had mine fitted at Autolusso, but anyone can fit them, just make sure they line them up properly so they sit central in the bumper cut outs. They're around £250.
Fitted mine myself, nice easy job. The most difficult part was jiggling the old connections free but otherwise an easy DIY task.

Like alcooker says, nice deep tone but not intrusive at all. Paid £295 through memory complete with new clamps. Massive weight saving to - recommend them highly :

Uploading vids is not my strength but I'll have a go and paste the link.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got the Wizard's on my 2.4 last week, fitted at Autolusso.
Bloody love them.
They suit the car much better then the standard rears.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Mine replace the back boxes and tail pipes, I would imagine that's all there available. As in you don't have any back boxes anymore.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alcooker , just seen yours on youtube , the turbo noise sounds great. You say there is no drone that was something that I was slightly worried about when considering a different exhaust, so do you just notice the extra noise whilst accelerating?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yes, if you're in the car, it's just beefier when accelerating, I'd have them off straight away if they were obtrusive when cruising. It's a cheap little mod with a pleasing outcome.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Old Smokey , where did you get your kit from? did you just put the car up on some ramps?
Hi
Wizard Exhausts in Penrith. 07807 035269
Hosted By One.com | Webhosting made simple

I jacked up the rear of the car just to provide a little more clearance. Access was adequate. That said, if you have wheel ramps it might be easier still but not necessary.

Worth giving the connections a good squirt of WD the night before just to help them along.
Where in Kent are you? Welcome to view mine before you buy if unsure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tips, how long did it take you roughly, I think il invest in a half decent jack or ramps if im guna do it myself. I am in Canterbury .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, if you're in the car, it's just beefier when accelerating, I'd have them off straight away if they were obtrusive when cruising. It's a cheap little mod with a pleasing outcome.
Thanks that sounds great. I have a 10 month, old one of the reasons I don't really want a constant drone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Has any done this to a 1.9JTDM, I'd imagine the 4-pot sounds quite different and I don't want it to sound anymore like a tractor than it already does?

·
Registered
368 Posts
It really isn't an intrusive noise at all, slightly deeper in tone on the 2.4 but it certainly does not exaggerate mechanical noise in any way, if anything it help disguise it.

Don't buy this system expecting it to sound like a Halfords special, it really does not. Expect a nice nice tone which is not far removed from OEM boxes but with less weight, better looks and performance.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It really isn't an intrusive noise at all, slightly deeper in tone on the 2.4 but it certainly does not exaggerate mechanical noise in any way, if anything it help disguise it.

Don't buy this system expecting it to sound like a Halfords special, it really does not. Expect a nice nice tone which is not far removed from OEM boxes but with less weight, better looks and performance.
I've just ordered some for my 2.4 159 from Dan. Roll on the end of May....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts