Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, are there any good exhausts that would make a 1.6ts sound decent? I saw some exhausts but sadly they sound like fartcans :l.
Also I have to add that I'm looking for one who would fit my 156.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
There are less options than there used to be as things for Alfas tend to be small sellers and the Fiat origins often mean the cars tend to be viewed as disposable. There is not the long term tuning parts support as there is with cars from Deutschland.

I have had a brief look; Supersprint no longer cater for 156, nor does Remus.
I can no longer find any IMASAF parts either and CSC no longer appear to have a website. Maybe they are a casualty of Covid 19.

I think the best chance you have is Squadra Sportiva, Alfa Tuning & Fanartikel Shop
They do Raggazzon, CSC and Novitec exhausts but they are not cheap.
I did not understand your last sentence.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,437 Posts
Maybe 'which' not 'who'?

·
Vendor
46,049 Posts
We're selling more Alfa exhausts than ever, although I'm not sure what my German customers are doing about the TUV situation.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
TÜV shouldn't be a problem. It is one of these things like the smoking ban as it is often only pursued by anal killjoys who have decided they have a axe to grind.

It seems the Wizard exhausts are high end enough to avoid negative attention.

·
Vendor
46,049 Posts
TÜV shouldn't be a problem. It is one of these things like the smoking ban as it is often only pursued by anal killjoys who have decided they have a axe to grind.

It seems the Wizard exhausts are high end enough to avoid negative attention.
The new version we've developed for the 156 GTA and GT 3.2 certainly are - we opened up an original 156 GTA backbox and copied the Alfa backbox size and internals (two chambers, a specific-sized resonator and small silencer within the same casing), but we freeflowed the transitions and opened out the tailpipe diameter to get rid of the factory restrictions, and we tweaked the resonator slightly to give a more interesting tone. The result works really well - on an otherwise unmodified car it sounds like a hybrid of roughly equal parts OEM, Supersprint and the original Wizard backbox.

The original Wizard catback systems we've been building for almost ten years now are still probably the wildest exhaust you can buy for a GTA, especially when people choose to fit them with the unsilenced middle pipe and our tubular decat manifolds.

Reactions: Fruity

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi, are there any good exhausts that would make a 1.6ts sound decent? I saw some exhausts but sadly they sound like fartcans :l.
Also I have to add that I'm looking for one who would fit my 156.

Cheers!
Isn't the farty sound just what conventional 4 cylinder engines sound like when uncorked?

·
Vendor
46,049 Posts
Isn't the farty sound just what conventional 4 cylinder engines sound like when uncorked?
Straight-through style silencers with perforated tube and packing only, no resonator, tend to sound farty on a N/A 4pot, and boomy at specific rpm ranges. You can tune this out with a properly designed resonator.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There are some exhaust workshops in Greece which have replicated Remus and Supersprint exhausts. All of them are inox and very good quality. Look if there ισ anything like that in your country. They sell them between 100-150 euros. If you want I can give you their sites. They may be able to send one in your country.

·
Registered
688 Posts
There are some exhaust workshops in Greece which have replicated Remus and Supersprint exhausts. All of them are inox and very good quality. Look if there ισ anything like that in your country. They sell them between 100-150 euros. If you want I can give you their sites. They may be able to send one in your country.
Yes please!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tomorrow I'll visit them and send you some pictures. A particular workshop gives you the option to test exhausts and choose your sound. But ofcourse this isn't an option for you since you are not here. All you can do is to chose a best reproduction of the makes I tell you from photos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gimmi 👀

·
Registered
688 Posts
Tomorrow I'll visit them and send you some pictures. A particular workshop gives you the option to test exhausts and choose your sound. But ofcourse this isn't an option for you since you are not here. All you can do is to chose a best reproduction of the makes I tell you from photos.
Thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts