Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: any ideas anyone about this.... the rear tyres are wearing quite heavily on the inside edge of both rear tyres - the tyres i replaced last year when i bought her were same
tyres were perfectly balanced when fitted and all wheels alligned.
car only does ,otorway miles too.
passed MOT no probs

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
The bushes on the lower arms can be worn so that the wheels have too much negative camber and wear the inner edges. Or some pothole might have bended them a little so the toe in is not correct. Just my guess.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At a guess I'd say the rear hub bushes and probably rear trailing arm bushes need replacing. Hub bushes are quite cheap (under a tenner)but if your planning on keeping the car for a whine then go for the powerflex bushes as these wont need replacing ever again. The trailing arms are around 25-30 each.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I have literally just had my rear tyres replaced for the same reason. The inside tread is just on the 1.6mm marker, wherease the rest of the tyre has around 3-4 mm. I had them do a 4 wheel alighment check (with the laser etc) and it came back within tolerance !

I'd had this check done some year and a half ago as well.

How come alfa don't KNOW about this (that it could be the bushes) and suggest this .. they were clueless and just said i should go and get the alignment checked (which came back within tolerane).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts